• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Eternal Anime Films' New Clip Teases Helios Kissing Chibiusa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:14 pm Reply with quote
When I first watched the original anime I had yet to read all the manga and used to think the Helios/Chibi-Usa relationship was creepy but now its like "Oh that's cool, it's just spoiler[daddy's priest kissing his 900 year old daughter]." Still weird but not creepy.

TBH, Helios was the least of my concern about this adaption. I'm more interested in the Quartet and the entire Senshi power-up sections.. If they do the birdies and kitty dirty, that's when I'll be sad.

And I'm still curious to how they've broken the movie into two sections knowing how the manga plays out and how the enemies work.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Still looks good after all this time, and the new version of Mercury Aqua Rhapsody looks great, and just like the manga. Very Happy

I just hope it plays out well and improves upon whatever flaws the manga version of the Dream arc had too.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited to see Chibi Moon finally get her own weapon this time as I always disappointed she never got one in the 90s anime even though she had already completed her training at this point though she randomly had one in the SuperS movie with no explanation.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I really REALLY hope this lives up to the hype.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:59 am Reply with quote
Hope its more true to the manga and not have 90s or weird filler stuff. The one time to have a true adaption, I'm hopeful!
Nodz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:40 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
And I'm still curious to how they've broken the movie into two sections knowing how the manga plays out and how the enemies work.

According to the still images, the first movie will adapt acts 39 to 43.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:

According to the still images, the first movie will adapt acts 39 to 43.
As we've seen Sailor Venus transform and use her attack in the teaser footage, I think part 1 will also adapt the parts of Act 44 where Venus spoiler[defeats Xenotime and Zeolite] and then the parts of Act 44 with the spoiler[Outers] will probably be the start of part 2, so I think there will be some shuffling around of the pacing a bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1