• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hetalia World Stars Anime Confirms 5 More Returning Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wingweaver84

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:51 pm Reply with quote
AHHH! Finally,more Bulgaria after six seasons! Now we just need Romania.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Once again, they still have not announced how many cours this adaptation will be.

But, there are more clues now. This time, the announced characters all use pre-existing VAs, so does this mean no more VAs will be casted? If yes, then it means they are likely going to adapt only until Chpt. 102. Starting in Chpt 103 of WS, we get Denmark, Norway and Iceland. So if the three of them do not show up, then the adaptation would be cut off by this point. This may be why Greece is casted because he is featured fairly prominently Chpt. 99 - 101.

I am still leaning towards they will be adapting more because Finland and Sweden were already casted. They only show up once at Chpt 63 and 94 respectively. They were featured a lot more prominently starting with Chpt.103 as well.

Last time, I made the mistake thinking that because they casted Tanaka Kokoro for Latvia, who is also the VA for Poland, Poland would appear. But no, Poland was NOT in WS, nor was Ukraine. Belarus was only one panel, so neither three will be around. Nor will Thailand and Vietnam be around because they were not in WS.

Lithuania is very much still on the table. Appeared fairly early on in WS: Chpt 53 and 58. So is Switzerland, appeared in Chpt 45.

As Portugal is casted already, Netherlands and Macao is pretty much a go considering their interactions around Chpt 83 and 84. But not necessarily India, because his appearance in Chpt 83 was not speaking, his first speaking appearance is Chpt 194, which is a lot later.

New Zealand, Belgium, Turkey and Romania is up in the air. They all appeared a lot later in the series, so it goes back to the question of how far into the manga they are going to adapt.

If they were to cut off around Chpt 102, then they pretty much have everyone except Lithuania, Switzerland, Netherlands, HK and Macao. The first four characters all had VAs in the past, so it is a matter of re-casting them. They need a new VA for Macao because his previous appearance in the Halloween special was not a speaking role. This breaks the idea the rest of the VA announcements will all be people we know.

If they include Denmark, Norway and Iceland, they can adapt all the way to Chpt 149 because Turkey has a speaking role in Chpt 150. If it is the former, then it is will be hard to squeeze it into 2 cours, if it is the latter then it is likely 4 cours.

Given we still have quite a few weeks to go, so more announcements are definitely coming. The only thing that is concerning is that on the official website, there used to be a message on the staff page telling everyone more announcements are coming. It is not there anymore. So maybe this is it for VAs?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:18 pm Reply with quote
xxmsxx wrote:
Once again, they still have not announced how many cours this adaptation will be.

But, there are more clues now. This time, the announced characters all use pre-existing VAs, so does this mean no more VAs will be casted? If yes, then it means they are likely going to adapt only until Chpt. 102. Starting in Chpt 103 of WS, we get Denmark, Norway and Iceland. So if the three of them do not show up, then the adaptation would be cut off by this point. This may be why Greece is casted because he is featured fairly prominently Chpt. 99 - 101.

I am still leaning towards they will be adapting more because Finland and Sweden were already casted. They only show up once at Chpt 63 and 94 respectively. They were featured a lot more prominently starting with Chpt.103 as well.

Last time, I made the mistake thinking that because they casted Tanaka Kokoro for Latvia, who is also the VA for Poland, Poland would appear. But no, Poland was NOT in WS, nor was Ukraine. Belarus was only one panel, so neither three will be around. Nor will Thailand and Vietnam be around because they were not in WS.

Lithuania is very much still on the table. Appeared fairly early on in WS: Chpt 53 and 58. So is Switzerland, appeared in Chpt 45.

As Portugal is casted already, Netherlands and Macao is pretty much a go considering their interactions around Chpt 83 and 84. But not necessarily India, because his appearance in Chpt 83 was not speaking, his first speaking appearance is Chpt 194, which is a lot later.

New Zealand, Belgium, Turkey and Romania is up in the air. They all appeared a lot later in the series, so it goes back to the question of how far into the manga they are going to adapt.

If they were to cut off around Chpt 102, then they pretty much have everyone except Lithuania, Switzerland, Netherlands, HK and Macao. The first four characters all had VAs in the past, so it is a matter of re-casting them. They need a new VA for Macao because his previous appearance in the Halloween special was not a speaking role. This breaks the idea the rest of the VA announcements will all be people we know.

If they include Denmark, Norway and Iceland, they can adapt all the way to Chpt 149 because Turkey has a speaking role in Chpt 150. If it is the former, then it is will be hard to squeeze it into 2 cours, if it is the latter then it is likely 4 cours.

Given we still have quite a few weeks to go, so more announcements are definitely coming. The only thing that is concerning is that on the official website, there used to be a message on the staff page telling everyone more announcements are coming. It is not there anymore. So maybe this is it for VAs?

I'm wondering if maybe they'll be skipping over the roman emperor chapters? No vas have been announced for them yet and it'd let them adapt more chapters with the countries instead.
Also just my personal opinion but I almost dropped world stars becuase I found them really boring lol.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:20 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I'm wondering if maybe they'll be skipping over the roman emperor chapters? No vas have been announced for them yet and it'd let them adapt more chapters with the countries instead.

Since they have a narration VA, I am thinking they may alter and condense it so that the emperors do not need VAs. Or just cut it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1