• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Perk For ANN Subscribers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:05 pm Reply with quote
That's nice and all, but I already do that with RightStuf. As for the other, I'm not a big con fan- never did like the crowds. I like to do my sub for its own merits.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh, that's neat. I didn't realize there were any "extra" perks like that. I don't really ever buy anime merch (is what I guess what the 3-month membership thing is for?), but have always wanted to try out a con. Maybe I'll be able to do that a little more cheaply one day with some ANN-sourced tickets, heh.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so is this available to Basic subscribers or not? The article says "any annual" but when you compare plans it says you need to be at least Prestige.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:
That's nice and all, but I already do that with RightStuf. As for the other, I'm not a big con fan- never did like the crowds. I like to do my sub for its own merits.

Thank you! There is a free perk though for people who are already Right Stuf subscribers Smile

NeverConvex wrote:
Oh, that's neat. I didn't realize there were any "extra" perks like that. I don't really ever buy anime merch (is what I guess what the 3-month membership thing is for?)
Yeah, unfortunately the Right Stuf perk is only valuable to people who buy merchandise from Right Stuf.

rizuchan wrote:
Wait, so is this available to Basic subscribers or not? The article says "any annual" but when you compare plans it says you need to be at least Prestige.
. Ahh, my bad! I forgot that we added an annual basic. Since you caught this mistake, I'll extend it to you. Just PM me if you're interested.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:55 pm Reply with quote
This is the first year I wasn't planning on joining RightStuf's Got Anime club, last year I almost didn't save more money then the $18.00 that it costs to join the club. also now that you have to spend $75 to get free shipping, I'm not very happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:14 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
This is the first year I wasn't planning on joining RightStuf's Got Anime club, last year I almost didn't save more money then the $18.00 that it costs to join the club. also now that you have to spend $75 to get free shipping, I'm not very happy

I agree about the shipping. Especially given their shitty customer service and internal order system (how/when it finally sends orders out) for the past 2 years. Well before covid. Unfortunately RACS (Robert's Anime Corner Store) also did the same thing with shipping charges. Though their customer service is at least better.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Recently,I sent an e-mail to Tempest. I wanted to say thank you for considering adding a three or six month tier to the new subscription system. I admit it was long overdue but I thought I'd say it to him. But,if I'm honest,it wasn't just me or Tempest who made this moment possible. It was those who thought that this was a good and viable idea and helped convince him to do this.
I'd like to say thank you to everyone who thought that this was a good idea and helping to convince Tempest that it was something worth pursuing. I'm grateful that soon we'll have that option so again,I say thank you. I'm very happy that this is happening and hope it'll appear very soon. Let's all hope that happens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1