• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AKB48 Cancels Concerts, Appearances After 7 Members Test Positive for COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:11 am Reply with quote
Given Japan's relatively poor vaccination rate, I'm guessing none of these young ladies were vaccinated. Are they still doing dangerous things like handshaking events?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:57 am Reply with quote
It really doesn't have to be a handshaking event for transmission.

All that is needed is to be indoors with an infected person. Odds are they are not wearing masks when doing their 'routine' or even backstage.

That choir in the United States last year, showed that even socially distant, you can still transmit the virus through the air just by singing (and probably heavy talking or conversation).
Slashman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Why are they even having a freaking concert in the midst of a pandemic when Japan has some of the lowest vaccination numbers around?

Is that why so many of their artists and performers are showing up positive all the time?

There is a friggin' virus out there people...it does not take breaks and it doesn't care what you had planned. How hard is it to understand this?
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 pm Reply with quote
^ Pretty much what you said.

It just keeps popping up on a monthly basis. Several members/celebrities in Japan end up testing positive. I don't know why the vaccination rollout is so slow there.
chex mix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:16 am Reply with quote
If they have as many antivaxxer idiots as we do it’s not all that surprising tbh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1