• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Animation, Parasite Film's Korean Distributor CJ Entertainment Announce Partnership

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:11 pm Reply with quote
CJ Entertainment actually has a channel on that cable-like TV service that came for free on the 65" Samsung I bought my parents recently for the new house they're moving in to. I might watch that next time my family gathers.
vanishingblood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 pm Reply with quote
This is interesting. CJ Entertainment and its competitor Showbox have been releasing the best films in the world for the last 15 years. That's long before Parasite.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:56 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, this really surprised me. Surprised

Because I never thought Toei (a Japanese company) would team up with South Korea's biggest media conglomerate (I know because I've been a K-pop fan for 8 years, and I have some of CJ's merchandise during my tenure as a K-pop fan). So this made me wonder why would Toei team up with a big name Korean companies for. Is Toei pandering to K-pop fans, or something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bob1#930738

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:17 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
To be honest, this really surprised me. Surprised

Because I never thought Toei (a Japanese company) would team up with South Korea's biggest media conglomerate (I know because I've been a K-pop fan for 8 years, and I have some of CJ's merchandise during my tenure as a K-pop fan). So this made me wonder why would Toei team up with a big name Korean companies for. Is Toei pandering to K-pop fans, or something?

???
Japanese and Korean companies work with each other all the time.
Not sure what you are trying to insinuate here..
Book stores in korea are full of manga, and kdrama is populair in Japan(often hitting 1st on most viewed shows on Netflix in Japan).

Entertainment companies working together with both their products being decently populair into the other country is normal bussiness.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Bob1#930738 wrote:
???
Book stores in korea are full of manga, and kdrama is populair in Japan(often hitting 1st on most viewed shows on Netflix in Japan).

Entertainment companies working together with both their products being decently populair into the other country is normal bussiness.

Exactly. Remember the MapleStory and Ragnarok anime adaptations? Both were based on Korean MMORPGs.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:12 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Bob1#930738 wrote:
???

Exactly. Remember the MapleStory and Ragnarok anime adaptations? Both were based on Korean MMORPGs.

Not to mention the reverse, Idolmaster getting a k-drama
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1