• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World's End Harem Anime Reveals New January 7 Premiere Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SigTheSauceMan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:50 am Reply with quote
So... have we gotten a reason for WHY it was delayed? "Closely examine..." is quite an unusual thing to hear. If it's actually because whoever picked it up didn't even bother to read what it's about, then I'll be really pissed. Did they learn NOTHING from Isshuzoku Reviewers? In any case, this will be quite an interesting story IF we ever learn why it was delayed.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 am Reply with quote
As long as "closely examined" doesn't affect the BD release. Regardless, I was going to compare it with the manga scenes to see if anything was altered.
Dayraven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If it's actually because whoever picked it up didn't even bother to read what it's about, then I'll be really pissed. Did they learn NOTHING from Isshuzoku Reviewers?

It’s a bit of a different situation — Reviewers was dropped by some streaming services and some of its Japanese broadcasters but aired as scheduled on others, World’s End Harem has had its release delayed everywhere. Could be a quality issue, could be that they’re trying to head off some venues dropping them for content, could be something else altogether.

Not sure I’d read too much into “closely examine,” these announcements are often vague and euphemistic. (“Various reasons” seems to be a favourite phtase.)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:52 am Reply with quote
Oof. Start of 2022 is stacking up for me...
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:07 am Reply with quote
Dayraven wrote:
It’s a bit of a different situation — Reviewers was dropped by some streaming services and some of its Japanese broadcasters but aired as scheduled on others, World’s End Harem has had its release delayed everywhere. Could be a quality issue, could be that they’re trying to head off some venues dropping them for content, could be something else altogether.

Not sure I’d read too much into “closely examine,” these announcements are often vague and euphemistic. (“Various reasons” seems to be a favourite phtase.)

My thoughts exactly. Honestly, industry professionals both care about individual series but also very much don't. Just because Interspecies happened doesn't mean they will "learn their lesson".
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Interspecies & World's End are also very different beats. Interspecies was basically just about the sexual aspects. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just stating the fact that the show was about sex basically. That was the plot in essence. Where as World's End has a plot outside of the sex and fanservice. They are entirely linked together in my opinion, but there is still an attempt at an actual story that is separated from the sexual aspects. Different lessons to learn. Regardless, the tv airing for World's End is going to be a disappointment as with any fanservice heavy show. This title goes close to softcore territory. The World's End Fantasy offshoot series even more so. That one is more like straight up hentai manga basically. This will be another clear "wait for the BR's" show.
tsog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Winter 2020 - Interspecies Reviewers
Winter 2021 - Redo of Healer
Winter 2022 - World's End Harem
Winter 2023 - ???
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:51 am Reply with quote
Interspecies was also far more sexualized when compared to the manga, so if you just looked at the source for what to expect, you were definitely in for a shock.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Made by an all women creative team for an alternative web manga anthology with a shonen related spin-off unclear whether it is itself.
ericarreza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:42 am Reply with quote
tsog wrote:
Winter 2020 - Interspecies Reviewers
Winter 2021 - Redo of Healer
Winter 2022 - World's End Harem
Winter 2023 - ???

2023 is either Harem Marriage, Destiny Lovers or Parallel Paradise.

SigTheSauceMan wrote:
So... have we gotten a reason for WHY it was delayed? "Closely examine..." is quite an unusual thing to hear. If it's actually because whoever picked it up didn't even bother to read what it's about, then I'll be really pissed. Did they learn NOTHING from Isshuzoku Reviewers? In any case, this will be quite an interesting story IF we ever learn why it was delayed.

Well it's been "delayed" but not canceled unlike Y: The Last Man
ericarreza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:48 am Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Made by an all women creative team for an alternative web manga anthology with a shonen related spin-off unclear whether it is itself.

The web manga was partly censored especially on the sequel to WEH but the bundled volume is uncensored especially when you'd purchased on Seven Seas who'd licensed the English version of World's End Harem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1