• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Sword Art Online Progressive Anime Film Reveals New Trailer, Theme Song by Eir Aoi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:44 am Reply with quote
Was there ever an English home release for the first film, either physical or digital?
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:02 am Reply with quote
The article missed the link on Yuki Kajiura's name.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:52 am Reply with quote
It's nice to see more Argo and the animation looks phenomenal, but I continue to question what purpose Mito serves in this adaption.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:48 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Was there ever an English home release for the first film, either physical or digital?

To my knowledge, neither has been announced yet. Bit surprised that the peak of the summer convention scene has passed without such an announcement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:12 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
It's nice to see more Argo and the animation looks phenomenal, but I continue to question what purpose Mito serves in this adaption.

Pretty much all of my thoughts as well.
JRPictures

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:07 am Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:

Hasn't been announced yet but it'll happen. Problem is, any English Blu-ray release will have to wait for Japan first, and the Japanese Blu-ray for the first SAO Progressive film released back on July 8. So now there's a waiting period of several months to account for, at the very least I'm sure the English Blu-ray will be out before the end of the year (or perhaps prior to the English theatrical release of the 2nd Progressive film whenever that will be)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1