• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Assorted Candies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:15 am Reply with quote
Kagerou-Nostalgia: The Resurrection Volume 1 is a really sad case. I haven't read it personally, but I think most of the confusion in the plot can be blamed on ADV. Kagerou-Nostalgia The Resurrection is the continuation of an already what I believe was a 5 volume manga series in Japan. ADV seemed to of thought it wasn't worth the bother to buy the first part of the manga, much like what they're doing with their other comic blade titles that are continuations of a previous series.

Doh to me for reading the sumamry to Hot Gimmick vol 4 when I still haven't been able to get my hands on vol 3. *goes to bang her head on her desk a couple times for self-punishment over her stupidity in reading it*

Oh yeah, and Desert Coral seems to have 5 volumes in the series so far, not 3. I'm not sure if it's still going on in Japan or not.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:43 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Kagerou-Nostalgia: The Resurrection Volume 1 is a really sad case. I haven't read it personally, but I think most of the confusion in the plot can be blamed on ADV. Kagerou-Nostalgia The Resurrection is the continuation of an already what I believe was a 5 volume manga series in Japan. ADV seemed to of thought it wasn't worth the bother to buy the first part of the manga, much like what they're doing with their other comic blade titles that are continuations of a previous series.

Yeah, I figured it was a continuation. It's a shame they didn't license the first part. Would've made a lot more sense had they not just plopped you in the middle of things.

littlegreenwolf wrote:
Oh yeah, and Desert Coral seems to have 5 volumes in the series so far, not 3. I'm not sure if it's still going on in Japan or not.

Hmmm, according to AoD's list it does appear that the series is ongoing, but it also shows that the US volume count stops at 3 volumes. Some other sites list volume 1 as being "Volume 1 of 3."
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:59 am Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Hmmm, according to AoD's list it does appear that the series is ongoing, but it also shows that the US volume count stops at 3 volumes. Some other sites list volume 1 as being "Volume 1 of 3."

http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/comic-blade/comics.htm

Comic Blade has 5 tankubon of Desert Coral released. The only reason I can see as them listing it as 1 out of 3 is that at the time of the license there were currently 3 volumes out, but they didn't look into wether it was ongoing or not, and just assumed it was done.

p.s. I LOVE your Motoki avatar.
Dilandau

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:35 am Reply with quote
And as far as you know, nobody has picked up the first 7 volumes of Loki, right? *scowls as ADV*
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 9:37 am Reply with quote
Dilandau wrote:
And as far as you know, nobody has picked up the first 7 volumes of Loki, right? *scowls as ADV*

Yep, they haven't said anything about the first series yet. ADV manga will forever jade me if they pull a Kagerou-Nostalgia or Aria with Matantei Loki.
jfrog

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:58 pm Reply with quote
ADV aren't the only ones who pick up sequels. Stupid Viz and their trying to pass a Galaxy Express 999 spinoff for the original...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
"Even if you were partially brain-dead, blind, and it was the only manga on the shelf, it would still be advised to steer clear of Knights of the Zodiac. "

Umm...that sounds offensive...

Sorry, that's how it comes off to me. That manga doesn't look that bad to me.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna, please observe our policy on necroposting.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1