• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vampire Knight, 2nd Haruhi Season's English Casts Posted

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Thank god Wendee is playing Haruhi again. I have nothing against Vee or anything but Wendee did a great job in the first season and for consistency it's always nice to have people reprise a role they did a good job in.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm so glad the new season will have a dub rather than being sub only like the Lucky Star OVA. I really liked the dub cast for Haruhi.

Unfortunately now I'm going to have to force myself to sit through all of Endless Eight again in order to pick out these "subtle differences" like I did for the Japanese version. I am glad they decided to include all of them and dub them, though.

Edit: I wonder if they'll include Vee's version of Super Driver for the dub? I'd personally rather have Lee do a dubbed version, like God Knows, but I imagine if they have a dubbed version at all it would be Vee's, since it's already made and all...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe they're only releasing the new episodes in a box set with the old ones. I don't mind watching "Haruhi" again, by any means, but still... I feel a little gypped, especially since I shelled out cash for the special editions of volumes 3 and 4, and now I'm essentially buying something I already own. Rawr them darn corporations...
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
I can't believe they're only releasing the new episodes in a box set with the old ones. I don't mind watching "Haruhi" again, by any means, but still... I feel a little gypped, especially since I shelled out cash for the special editions of volumes 3 and 4, and now I'm essentially buying something I already own. Rawr them darn corporations...

It's gonna be a box set? in the 2009 airing order? Well, that's great news, I'd have hated to have to switch discs to watch the show.

As for the dub cast, couldn't care less, Haruhi had one of the worst dubs i've ever heard.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote
And I threw up in my mouth. Bad dub is bad. but enjoy for those who are getting it.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Good news overall.

Haven't seen the second season yet, but at least now I can hear it in the version I appreciate the most!
Wendee, Steph, Crispin, Johnny, and Michelle will, doubtlessly, do another great job!

As for Vampire Knight, I haven't said it, haven't read it, and all I really know about it, is that it's to Japanese what Twilight is for Americans.
If I'm wrong, no one jump down my throat.

If anything, I'll try it out to watch Vic, Ethan, and Mela do a great job. Vic has that "vampire-ness" about him, Ethan has that snobby, flamboyant presence about him, and I like Mela automatically for doing Rena in When They Cry.

Good news overall!
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

Well, if you're willing to buy Endless Eight, then...
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Another announcement about the VK cast but no release date? I don't suppose there's any chance it'll be before this years out, will it? Oh well, I hope they went ahead and licensed season 2.

And to the person who compared Vampire Knight to Twilight; yes, there are a few similarities but otherwise it's like comparing apples to oranges.
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Personally i'd prefer if they announced the dubbed Haruhi-chan episodes but still, this is awesome! Very Happy
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

That's what they're doing, eh? Might have to pass or just wait for a cheap release later on. I feel bad that I watched it fansubbed and might not buy it, but I'm not buying the first season a second time, especially if the bulk of the new episodes is Endless 8. Then again, they probably predicted that a lot of people wouldn't buy a second season set stand alone because of E8 and figured this was the best way to cut their losses. But a second season set is the ideal way for me to buy it. I don't have a problem with watching the episodes out of order, the novels aren't in order anyway.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crystal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Dmysta3000 wrote:
Personally i'd prefer if they announced the dubbed Haruhi-chan episodes but still, this is awesome! Very Happy

That'd be really fun, even though I've already (legally) watched it on Youtube.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
of course they're keeping the cast for haruhi. It be weird watching it in order and having the characters voices change back and forth, right?
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Otaking09 wrote:
Good news overall.

Haven't seen the second season yet, but at least now I can hear it in the version I appreciate the most!
Wendee, Steph, Crispin, Johnny, and Michelle will, doubtlessly, do another great job!

As for Vampire Knight, I haven't said it, haven't read it, and all I really know about it, is that it's to Japanese what Twilight is for Americans.
If I'm wrong, no one jump down my throat.

If anything, I'll try it out to watch Vic, Ethan, and Mela do a great job. Vic has that "vampire-ness" about him, Ethan has that snobby, flamboyant presence about him, and I like Mela automatically for doing Rena in When They Cry.

Good news overall!

Actually, I love Twilight, but hate Vampire Knight. But they are similiar in content overall. I can see the correlation.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:
And I threw up in my mouth. Bad dub is bad. but enjoy for those who are getting it.

I don't think anyone wants to know.

I am still buying second season of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
"Kyon-kun denwa"... so who is Kyon's sister's VA?

Still, I'm more interested in the Vanishment/Disappearance movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6