• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Old Site Design

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kysfm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This brings me back. Smile
gergemaine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quote
While the old design shows up in a browser I don't use, the site looks the same as it always does in my regular browser, but maybe that is because I am using a skin...
mizushimo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, no wonder you got rid of it ^^;, it doesn't fit well in my screen at least(and there's this huge-ass blank space up top).

I hope you guys don't move to a new design that's too bandwidth intensive like anipike did, that site take forever to load.
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm new and it is pretty weird to see it like this. What is this theory that I read about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I prefer the full bodyshot of Jadress than this.
kgptzac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:15 am Reply with quote
i perfer neither, my favorite is the chibi pirate one, i think we need something cute like that
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Vekou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:37 am Reply with quote
I'm using a skin, so I don't see any change. Which one is the default?

Quick poll: What skin is everyone using? I'm using "Ethereal Ice."
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:08 am Reply with quote
Angel Lily wrote:
What is this theory that I read about.

I'm going to guess they're seeing if the columns get more hits the old way where they show up dead center at the top rather than the current way where they're off to the side. Same with the newest reviews getting a spotlight. I know that's one of the reasons I prefered the old layout to the current one.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:11 am Reply with quote
mizushimo wrote:
I hope you guys don't move to a new design that's too bandwidth intensive like anipike did, that site take forever to load.

If anything they'd go simpler. Tempest (and Cookie) has always been about making ANN accessable to everyone from what I've seen. This was one of the key reasons that the forum doesn't alow signatures.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:56 am Reply with quote
So...this was the old style?? Really seems, the other was...hum...more...Neo?? xDDD I mean, this looks quite old (and sure reminds to other older times, jeje).

Anyways, I know worst examples of changing web style, this is not so bad...Very Happy
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quote
gergemaine wrote:
While the old design shows up in a browser I don't use, the site looks the same as it always does in my regular browser, but maybe that is because I am using a skin...

Yup, if you've set a skin, this won't change it on you, even if you set your skin to the default skin.

-t
Jadress

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
I prefer the full bodyshot of Jadress than this.

Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lordfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I liked the old way better, surprised me when they first changed it. Everytime they updated with a new Answerman I usually missed it the first day.
Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I dont really like this style to much, thats why I changed the skin to a better looking one. The old site Design skin is in my opinion less accessable than the current one. And I am all for Accessability in a website.
Sam.:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Lordfan wrote:
I liked the old way better,
Yeah, I prefer the old layout way more than the new one. But the new one is alright too; it's not that big of a deal. Either way both layouts looks somewhat professional, easy to navigate and simple. Unlike other anime sites this site is one of the fastest loading anime sites out there. It hardly takes a blink of an eye to load up on my comp.. Plus the site is accessible to people with 56kbs unlike other sites that take 26 mins to load on a 56k. I like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1