• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Kai Debuts on U.S.'s Nicktoons Tonight

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quote
Series recording on my DVR is set right now! Can't wait to bask in the glorious nostalgia!
KariOhki

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote
Aw man, I forgot about this. Can't wait!
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:04 am Reply with quote
Time to see if Dragonball Kai is actually good enough to buy.
Ranma87

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
DVR and dvd recorder set, looking forward to it.
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Best Buy has the DVDs on sale, $10 off, at least the one where I got mine does...
Ranma87

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
Best Buy has the DVDs on sale, $10 off, at least the one where I got mine does...
I should have the bluray set by tomorrow.
I SHALL WIN THE INTERNETZ

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
oh, the nostalgia~~~~~
its like I'm in middle school and I can't wait to run home and watch.

Quote:

The series will also run on 4Kids Entertainment's renamed Toonzai television programming block on The CW network during the 2010-2011 television broadcast season

Confused

They certainly have balls of steel to do that. After all the things they done to anime, they want to rerun DBZK?

.....I guess I could respect the amount of stones for 4kids to do something like this. We know they'll edit things and they know we know. Soooo..., I salute towards them?
*is shot by hardcore otaku*
Ranma87

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I SHALL WIN THE INTERNETZ wrote:
oh, the nostalgia~~~~~
its like I'm in middle school and I can't wait to run home and watch.

Quote:

The series will also run on 4Kids Entertainment's renamed Toonzai television programming block on The CW network during the 2010-2011 television broadcast season

Confused

They certainly have balls of steel to do that. After all the things they done to anime, they want to rerun DBZK?

.....I guess I could respect the amount of stones for 4kids to do something like this. We know they'll edit things and they know we know. Soooo..., I salute towards them?
*is shot by hardcore otaku*
It will probably be the same version that airs on nicktoons.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one annoyed by Nicktoons selling this as a "Brand New show!!!"? Sure it's different than the original, but only in episode order, not material.

Anyways, I'm watching this since 1) I liked watching it as a kid and 2) It comes on after Avatar and I have nothing else to do after that anyways. Although, I'm certainly not too thrilled about this chopping off an hour of Avatar right when it started getting really, really good.

I wonder if they'll be using Rock the Dragon? I know some will hate it if they do, but I love that song and hope they use it for at least the TV run.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranma87

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Am I the only one annoyed by Nicktoons selling this as a "Brand New show!!!"? Sure it's different than the original, but only in episode order, not material.

Anyways, I'm watching this since 1) I liked watching it as a kid and 2) It comes on after Avatar and I have nothing else to do after that anyways. Although, I'm certainly not too thrilled about this chopping off an hour of Avatar right when it started getting really, really good.

I wonder if they'll be using Rock the Dragon? I know some will hate it if they do, but I love that song and hope they use it for at least the TV run.
No it has a new song and opening called Dragon Soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOO0BKF6_xc&playnext_from=TL
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they've improved the English dub so it reaches "tolerable" level. From the clips I've seen/heard, it's better than the Z dub at least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ranma87

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Hopefully they've improved the English dub so it reaches "tolerable" level. From the clips I've seen/heard, it's better than the Z dub at least.
It has been re-dubbed so I would assume it has been improved as well.
I SHALL WIN THE INTERNETZ

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

But seriously, I hope the dub turns out to be good too.

EDIT: what ranma said
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I've Been a Long time DBZ fan ever since the original version of the syndication 1996 Ocean/Saban dub when I was younger. Very Happy

I'm pretty sure they'll change the opening theme song like Funimation have been doing with all they're DBZ Revised Edited/Uncut Dubs for the past 10 years now,but I'm hoping they keep the overall original Kai BGM Score by Kenji Yamamoto,since his music score sounds alot less cheesy than Shunsuke KIKUCHI's score from the original 1989 series.

No offense to Bruce Faulcor fans,but as Much as I liked his music from the funimation dubs from the Ginyu Saga all the way up to the Majin Buu saga,but I don't think I can bare to here that music all over again in the Kai version. Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:
I'm hoping they keep the overall original Kai BGM Score by Kenji Yamamoto,since his music score sounds alot less cheesy than Shunsuke KIKUCHI's score from the original 1989 series.

No offense to Bruce Faulcor fans,but as Much as I liked his music from the funimation dubs from the Ginyu Saga all the way up to the Majin Buu saga,but I don't think I can bare to here that music all over again in the Kai version. Very Happy

I've found Kikuchi's score is the best score for this material. It's grander and has this natural flow to it. Though Yamamoto's has its moments, it's very restrained and unambitious, kind of bland at times, though it gets better as it goes along.

Faulconer's score is just stupid generic action music.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3