• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji II's 3rd DVD to Add New OVA

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
Huh, that should be funny... Laughing
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:

...if Ouran High School Host Club hadn't done it already several years ago. And I'm sure someone else had done it before that. Alice and Wonderland is getting as overused as vampires in recent years.
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Now if only I could actually like Kuroshitsuji.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
My friends are gonna bounce off the walls hearing this.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

...if Ouran High School Host Club hadn't done it already several years ago. And I'm sure someone else had done it before that. Alice and Wonderland is getting as overused as vampires in recent years.

Uh, I was talking about the dating sim parody that this article just announced. Confused
ayashe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Cardcaptor Sakura. Alice in Wonderland in anime isn't recent. I didn't like either of those episodes, this already seems like it'll be much better.

Grell would make a good Cheshire Cat! And I can see Sebastian as the White Rabbit. I think Maylene would be a better mouse than Elizabeth. I've never read the books, so I don't know who The Mock Turtle so I can't say about Viscount of Druitt.

Quote:
Now if only I could actually like Kuroshitsuji.

Why bother post if the OVAs don't concern you? I don't comment on Gundam crap.
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote
any extra Kuroshitsuji is ok with me! Very Happy
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

Uh, I was talking about the dating sim parody that this article just announced. Confused

Then you should've been clearer now, shouldn't you? Wink Smile But dating sim parodies have been done before too. None of this is new, thought maybe the OVAs will prove to be more than just a gimmick and will actually do something creative with it. Not holding my breath, though.

ayashe wrote:
Cardcaptor Sakura. Alice in Wonderland in anime isn't recent. I didn't like either of those episodes, this already seems like it'll be much better.

Yeah, I figured there were earlier examples (I've never seen the CCS anime, just read the manga). But when I said overused, I meant in general, not just in anime/manga. Alice in Wonderland has been all over stores, everywhere, and I blame Tim Burton.

I actually liked the Ouran episode and chapter a little bit, just because it was used as a vehicle for giving some insight into Haruhi's psyche and not just as a joke. It wasn't the best episode or chapter of the series, but it actually accomplished something.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:17 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:
vashfanatic wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:

Then you should've been clearer now, shouldn't you? Wink Smile But dating sim parodies have been done before too. None of this is new, thought maybe the OVAs will prove to be more than just a gimmick and will actually do something creative with it. Not holding my breath, though.

Sorry. The Alice in Wonderland parody had been announced a while back, whereas this is the first announcement we've had on the dating sim parody... So that's the one I was commenting on. I guess it was silly to assume everyone would know exactly what I was referring to, though. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing the Wonderland OVA, if only for Cheshire!Grell.

The dating sim parody should be a riot too, if it's anything like the G-Fantasy drama CD from a while back. (It starts out with Sebastian serving you tea and winds up with Grell trying to kill you. LOL!)
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

Yeah, I figured there were earlier examples (I've never seen the CCS anime, just read the manga). But when I said overused, I meant in general, not just in anime/manga. Alice in Wonderland has been all over stores, everywhere, and I blame Tim Burton.

I actually liked the Ouran episode and chapter a little bit, just because it was used as a vehicle for giving some insight into Haruhi's psyche and not just as a joke. It wasn't the best episode or chapter of the series, but it actually accomplished something.

Well, at this very moment it's all over the place because of Burton, but it's been a pretty ubiquitous theme for years and years-- since the 60s at least. In Japan, EVERYTHING is Alice in Wonderland, I swear.
Which is okay with me, because I love Alice

The Ouran ep was definitely a really creative way to employ an overused trope. It's one of my favourite eps of the series, and the series as a whole is great!

Quote:
The dating sim parody should be a riot too, if it's anything like the G-Fantasy drama CD from a while back. (It starts out with Sebastian serving you tea and winds up with Grell trying to kill you. LOL!)

LOL and THAT is why Kuroshitsuji is awesome.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
Earlier than CCS, Slayers TRY had a Wonderland parody.
..anime-wise.

Oh...and let's not forget Miyuki-chan in Wonderland (*cough*...can't believe I watched it...)...

So what's wrong with Alice in Wonderland parody? Watch'em all the time if they interest me.

I think they're great and the way they fit it with the casts of the show, haha~

Honestly, I can't wait~xD I love Kuroshitsuji and anything relating to it~
Mika20

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
Wait a sec.....Sebastian....rabbit ears?

....AHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHA!!!!!!
Anime hyperD I will die laughing if I see a pic of him with that.
Now I really can't wait!
Saturn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm most excited about Grell as the Cheshire Cat!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1