• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Madoka Magica Cosplayers Rally for Tokyo Governor Candidate

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Kyubei... supporting a politician and saying if you'll make a contract with him you'll become Governor.

I understand that most Madoka viewers may not "get" the symbolism and origins of Madoka, but I was under the impression that Kyubei was a "bad guy" (not even going into the devil parallels with Faust here), and sure Kyubei's character design is cute and all, BUT IT IS EVIL! PURE HORRIBLE SCIENTIFIC LOGICAL TO A POINT EVIL. Kill it! At least that's my initial reaction anytime I see that creepy thing.

Theoretically, I would never ever vote for someone who has made a contract with Kyubei so they could be governor. That's just... eww. The little girls didn't know better. Some politician? Why you so power hungry, dude? Why are you selling your soul for this gig?

Just saying.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Suddenly it almost sounds like our politics. This just seems to weird and somewhat satirical combining PMMM with politics. I'd be curious what type of energy efficient program Japan would be interested in if they are trying to get rid of nuclear power plants.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I'd be curious what type of energy efficient program Japan would be interested in if they are trying to get rid of nuclear power plants.

Yeah, they don't really have fossil fuels of their own, and bargeloads of coal seem like a poor replacement. No way they can get by on solar or wind or the usual tree-hugging suspects. Geothermal, maybe? They've got plenty of that...
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I'd be curious what type of energy efficient program Japan would be interested in if they are trying to get rid of nuclear power plants.

They'll use the emotional angst-energy of pre-teen girls, of course! Twisted Evil
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a nanny-state progressive type. Don't know if he'll be better than Ishihara. Maybe he'll be just as bad in a different kind of way.

As far as energy goes, there's geothermal and tidal (lots to gain there), but there's simply no replacing nuclear. They should however switch to Thorium.
simona.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
>They'll use the emotional angst-energy of pre-teen girls, of course! Twisted Evil

that'll probably wipe the whole planet out XDDDD
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Utsunomiya's platform includes weaning Tokyo off nuclear power, tightening countermeasures against radioactive contamination, creating new jobs, making the city safe for children, and getting rid of bullying in schools.

Wow, and hope and change too?! Where have I heard this before?

I think making a contract with Kyuubei would be far more effective.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, let's just hope that governors of Tokyo don't have access to armed drones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1