×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
ANNual Pumpkin Carving Contest 2020 w/ Ciarán Strange! • It's a match made in Halloween! Voice actor Ciaran Strange is joining our Spooktacular Pumpkin Carving Contest as a guest judge! Click to find out how YOU can win over US$1,000 in anime! read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Flowers of Evil TV Anime


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3747
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
so this is their big announcement after building up hype from everyone on twitter yesterday??? Hmm I did not honestly see this coming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
The Mad Manga Massacre



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
Cool! Super excited for this! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood-
Aria CompanyAria Company


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 20661
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
Interesting. After two eppies, I find myself less interested in the story that is unfolding, but still very much digging the visual treatment. I probably won't know until I've seen the whole series on CR whether I'll want to buy it or not.

On the other hand, I may end up buying regardless just as an encouragement for R1 distribs to take chances on "riskier" titles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
I was just thinking to myself earlier today that ANN seemed to be lacking the Aku no Hana debates since the Spring Preview ended. I guess we'll be seeing them again now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3747
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I was just thinking to myself earlier today that ANN seemed to be lacking the Aku no Hana debates since the Spring Preview ended. I guess we'll be seeing them again now.


I've got nothing else to say about the series right now expect for spoilers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9321
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
On the other hand, I may end up buying regardless just as an encouragement for R1 distribs to take chances on "riskier" titles.


It's probably far too late for the series I'd want to see licensed. FUNi won't even bother on Tatami Galaxy, a risky title, and that one has near universal praise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpacemanHardy



Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 2452
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
OH LAWD. I wonder if they're going to give this one the dub/bluray treatment considering it's.... notoriety.

Now I guess we just wait for Sentai to announce the rights to Gargantia, eh? Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
RestLessone



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 1425
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Hm.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes and have purchased the first few manga volumes. Once I adjusted to the pacing, I was really able to get into the story. I'd be up for buying the series. (Depending on how the anime progresses, of course.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dop.L



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 643
Location: London
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! I'm definitely going to have to buy this, mostly as this is for me one of the most compelling shows to come out for years, and partly as I want to support Sentai for having ignored the 'hive-mind' and looked at the show on its own merit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agila61



Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 3213
Location: NE Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
OH LAWD. I wonder if they're going to give this one the dub/bluray treatment considering it's.... notoriety.

Now I guess we just wait for Sentai to announce the rights to Gargantia, eh? Very Happy


I noticed MC44 in Crunchyroll's forums guessing that Sentai would pick up 11 titles in total:

Quote:
1. Majestic Prince
2 The Severing Crime Edge
3 Photo Kano
4 Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
5 Flowers of Evil
6 Samurai Bride
7 My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
8 Henneko – The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
9 Yuyushiki
10 Uta no Prince Sama 2 (Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%) , Season 1 too...
11 Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet


Are those the announced titles in bold? That would be 5 down 6 to go (though I don't know that I expect Sentai to actually pick up 11 from this season).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ConanSan



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
The perfect ADV anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DKL



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 1874
Location: California, USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Blood- wrote:
On the other hand, I may end up buying regardless just as an encouragement for R1 distribs to take chances on "riskier" titles.


It's probably far too late for the series I'd want to see licensed. FUNi won't even bother on Tatami Galaxy, a risky title, and that one has near universal praise.


I wish we had more access to more of Yuasa's work in general.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 2520
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
OH LAWD. I wonder if they're going to give this one the dub/bluray treatment considering it's.... notoriety.

Now I guess we just wait for Sentai to announce the rights to Gargantia, eh? Very Happy


I noticed MC44 in Crunchyroll's forums guessing that Sentai would pick up 11 titles in total:

Quote:
1. Majestic Prince
2 The Severing Crime Edge
3 Photo Kano
4 Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
5 Flowers of Evil
6 Samurai Bride
7 My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
8 Henneko – The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat
9 Yuyushiki
10 Uta no Prince Sama 2 (Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%) , Season 1 too...
11 Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet


Are those the announced titles in bold? That would be 5 down 6 to go (though I don't know that I expect Sentai to actually pick up 11 from this season).


All of those series have streaming areas that align with Sentai's normal acquisitions and sublicenses to Crunchyroll. One of them is also a TBS series that already has an English name, so Snafu is almost a certainty.

I can't say for certain they will get all 11 of those series, but it wouldn't be surprising. It's also possisble that they may announce some of these much later as they've done in past seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundmonkey44



Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 1243
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, wonder if it'll get a dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agila61



Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 3213
Location: NE Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
All of those series have streaming areas that align with Sentai's normal acquisitions and sublicenses to Crunchyroll. One of them is also a TBS series that already has an English name, so Snafu is almost a certainty.

SNAFU doesn't line up exactly with Sentai's normal acquisitions, but that looks like it is by subtraction rather than addition ...

... that is US & Canada, the Nordic Countries and South Africa is "English Speaking Countries plus Scandinavia" minus UK & Oz. Its already showing on the Anime on Demand catalog, so we know where the UK & Ireland lockout is coming from. If Madman has expressed an interest in or is negotiating for SNAFU, then that would explain the Australia / NZ lockout.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group