• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Simulcasts Sunrise's Tiger & Bunny Superhero Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I have said this elsewhere but this is exciting news for me. I was wanting to see this series. I am glad I can now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Masakazu Katsura character designing? Consider me interested now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
How unexpected of Viz. I've been looking forward to this one so I'm glad someone picked it up for the season.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote
At first I was like "VIZ announced a non-manga based anime?" then I saw that Katsura was doing the designs and it all made sense Smile Nice to see them branching into more streaming. Hope we'll get a dvd release for this.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
it doesn't look that good. CR gets many of the good anime for next season.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Also, I'm sure it's an entirely different thing all together but - they can get him to work on this, but they can't animate Zetman already? C'MON! Laughing
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
it doesn't look that good. CR gets many of the good anime for next season.

I agree with you there. It almost looks like a generic version of Gundam, minus the giant cast.

You have one hero that is the "strong type" that will most likely yell at least once during the run of the show. Then there is the popular shojo themed character that is well liked by everyone and is of very smart. He also knows about fashion as well.

Then we have generic romantic interest #1, Blue Rose. Sure she'll fight several battles and of course will wear some interesting costumes, yet it's likely to be nothing that hasn't been seen or read before.
pantsmca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:54 pm Reply with quote
>North American simulcast
>Available for Canada too
>Viz
HAHA NOPE. I love their false advertising.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I wonder did the producers of this show watch The Incredibles as one source of inspiration....
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote
They'll be streaming it, but I bet we'll never see any DVDs. Or maybe they'll release one boxset and then decide to screw over the fans.

Anyway, isn't this the show where irl sponsors are going to have their logos stuck everywhere? Classy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mytopia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:54 am Reply with quote
Spotlessden and Teriyaki Terrier clearly fail to get the point of this show. It's obviously meant to be a parody of most superhero-themed shows-- does the corny music in the trailer make you think this is somehow in the same vein as a serious, anti-war type series like Gundam? A cookie for you then.

@penguintruth: Not surprising for an MBS show, many of which feature sponsor logos prominently. That can work great at times, as shown in the Yakuza game series.
Brack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:48 am Reply with quote
Not only is it a riff on superhero stories, it also looks like it could be The Odd Couple with giant robots.

Which is potentially a great idea. Dysfunctional buddy comedy slots into any genre with ease, robot shows should be no different.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote
pantsmca wrote:
>Viz

Once again, Viz Media show their true colors by picking the rights to a anticipated anime and stream it online, but block access to other English-speaking countries.

I swear the people that make anime and produce other shows that are available for legal streaming actually want people outside North America to pirate their shows, due to them being blocked! Evil or Very Mad
RisikaFox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:57 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... I wasn't actually planning on watching this, but now I really want to see it. xD
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
pantsmca wrote:
>Viz

Once again, Viz Media show their true colors by picking the rights to a anticipated anime and stream it online, but block access to other English-speaking countries.

I swear the people that make anime and produce other shows that are available for legal streaming actually want people outside North America to pirate their shows, due to them being blocked! Evil or Very Mad
What do you expect? Viz will mostly use Hulu video player on VizAnime to stream this series. Oh, before I forget, isn't that Hulu problem since they basically only allow us in the United States to watch their content? (Or something along those lines~) Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2