Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's Promo Video Reveals New Staff at MAPPA


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SonDavid



Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 23
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:19 am Reply with quote
Man... I am so scared that they changed studios. Why would they do this with such an important anime? Please, let it be just as good. Attack on Titan was combination of everything: Animation, music, script, directing, OP/ED, overall feeling... man.

Wishing for nothing but the best from my favorite show.

Hopefully, please, let MAPPA have all the input for Wit-Studio.

Why would they change studios?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dian Z



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 336
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:22 am Reply with quote
I actually feel relieved that it's Mappa. PV is looking good too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xMemorie



Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:23 am Reply with quote
SonDavid wrote:
Man... I am so scared that they changed studios. Why would they do this with such an important anime? Please, let it be just as good. Attack on Titan was combination of everything: Animation, music, script, directing, OP/ED, overall feeling... man.

Wishing for nothing but the best from my favorite show.

Hopefully, please, let MAPPA have all the input for Wit-Studio.

Why would they change studios?


The show was too much for them. They worked themselfs to death from the start of season 1 onwards. I'm surprised they didn't drop the show earlier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xMemorie



Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:25 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
I actually feel relieved that it's Mappa. PV is looking good too.


Don't get your hopes up too high. This trailer was pre produced, indicated by this tweet.
https://twitter.com/yabshu55/status/1266298652311445510
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getumbuck



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 136
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:25 am Reply with quote
So this is the final season, yet the manga is still ongoing, wtf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xMemorie



Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Posts: 69
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:26 am Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
So this is the final season, yet the manga is still ongoing, wtf


The manga has just a few chapters to go. Final season might also get split into 2 cours with a season break inbetween just like S3. Enough time for the manga to wrap up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drunk



Joined: 26 Jun 2014
Posts: 178
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:38 am Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
So this is the final season, yet the manga is still ongoing, wtf


As the season is possibly getting delayed, the manga may be finished by the time it starts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imentasortae



Joined: 29 May 2020
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 5:45 am Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Dian Z wrote:
I actually feel relieved that it's Mappa. PV is looking good too.


Don't get your hopes up too high. This trailer was pre produced, indicated by this tweet.
https://twitter.com/yabshu55/status/1266298652311445510

Most if not all anime PVs are "pre-produced".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SonDavid



Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 23
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:04 am Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
SonDavid wrote:
Man... I am so scared that they changed studios. Why would they do this with such an important anime? Please, let it be just as good. Attack on Titan was combination of everything: Animation, music, script, directing, OP/ED, overall feeling... man.

Wishing for nothing but the best from my favorite show.

Hopefully, please, let MAPPA have all the input for Wit-Studio.

Why would they change studios?


The show was too much for them. They worked themselfs to death from the start of season 1 onwards. I'm surprised they didn't drop the show earlier.


If this is true, and I have heard rumors about it, then it is the right choice. Maybe is naïve on my part to appreciate this work enough to believe that Wit (or IG Port) would focus more on attaching their name as the only company to have made one of the best series ever made (my opnion, of course) and not crunch them to unhealthy scenarios. Though, of course, it is never that easy with TV deals, sponsors and what not.

But I wished they could have find a way to complete in a healthy way due to the cultural importance of this show.

What hurts me the most is Tetsuro Araki as director. Boy the overall feeling he created in the show was outstanding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scion Drake



Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 664
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:25 am Reply with quote
Ah that visual. Once Eren & like had to look up in fear of being conquered.

Now the positions have reversed & they are the conquerors looking down on those who wanted them destroyed.

How far they have come. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stevangelion



Joined: 08 Feb 2017
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:03 am Reply with quote
Holy hell the hype is real skeeeeet skeet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Somer-_-



Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 659
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:17 am Reply with quote
Anyone with a good ear know who voices Gabi?

getumbuck wrote:
So this is the final season, yet the manga is still ongoing, wtf


FMA:B finished less than 3 months after the manga. If they can plan things out similarly they can easily make it work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
residentgrigo



Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1728
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 am Reply with quote
The manga is about to end as has been said. The Sailor Moon anime ended only 5 days after the manga but it was hardly an adaptation by then and a shoddy product to begin with. The closes case of an anime adaptation finishing up with a manga I know of.
The anime´s 3rd season ends with vol 22 chap 90. We are now on vol 32 chap 128. This will be a 2 part season deal as there will be more than 10 volumes to adapt unless they do 3 cours in a row.

MAPPA ain´t perfect but they can do this and WIT would never ever abandon their highest-profile IP. It´s not like they need to rush this to production. MAPPA may have underbid them for the continuing rights or some behind the scenes drama went down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Hansond Jaysond Lee



Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:18 am Reply with quote
Eren is waaaay too big in that key visual.
He's supposed to be about 15 meters tall.
There, he's bigger than the buildings around him and the humans are like ants around his left hand. The proportion is all wrong.
I like the art style, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getumbuck



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 136
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:22 am Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
getumbuck wrote:
So this is the final season, yet the manga is still ongoing, wtf


The manga has just a few chapters to go. Final season might also get split into 2 cours with a season break inbetween just like S3. Enough time for the manga to wrap up.


Not really, we're not even in the stories climax right now. We recently had a fake climax, but the story has clearly gone beyond that, with the real climax nowhere in sight. Also the last chapter was delayed because of Covid 19, who knows if future ones will be as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group