• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Ace Magazine Unveils 3 New Gundam Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile we still have no news about a new canonical anime ? Gunpla shows do not count ofc.
But iirc Gundam 00 s3 is supposed to be in production...
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Seiya0890 wrote:
Meanwhile we still have no news about a new canonical anime ? Gunpla shows do not count ofc.
But iirc Gundam 00 s3 is supposed to be in production...

Presumably they’re waiting to finally get Hathaway out the door before deciding what’s next. At least they’re probably working on something, unlike Failed Live Action anime adaptation #...244?
SquirrelSurrender

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I assume next on the block after Hathaway is a Gundam Seed movie.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, is me or they back filling Gundam related stuff with pop-corn filler stuff because they don't have clue how to write actual serious Gundam story. They want make Gunpla, so they need compelling story, but Arasa OL Haman-sama? Apparel company? Really? It maybe good watch, but don't get Gundam involved. It's has nothing to do with it.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Wow, is me or they back filling Gundam related stuff with pop-corn filler stuff because they don't have clue how to write actual serious Gundam story. They want make Gunpla, so they need compelling story, but Arasa OL Haman-sama? Apparel company? Really? It maybe good watch, but don't get Gundam involved. It's has nothing to do with it.

It’s really no different than the myriad of SD shorts over the years that had them doing things from RPG spoofs to the Wacky Races. It’s just a way to get some light, quick content out the door while the bigwigs figure out what to do for their next big project after Hathaway. Of course their big movie project depends now that Warner has given up the ghost completely and is just throwing all their films on HBO Max, a blow to movie theaters so potentially devastating that I got an alert from The NY Times about it.

This is fluff. Harmless fluff. From a franchise with a history of pumping it out between bigger releases.
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:53 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Wrangler wrote:

It’s really no different than the myriad of SD shorts over the years that had them doing things from RPG spoofs to the Wacky Races. It’s just a way to get some light, quick content out the door while the bigwigs figure out what to do for their next big project after Hathaway. Of course their big movie project depends now that Warner has given up the ghost completely and is just throwing all their films on HBO Max, a blow to movie theaters so potentially devastating that I got an alert from The NY Times about it.

This is fluff. Harmless fluff. From a franchise with a history of pumping it out between bigger releases.

What Warner has to do with Gundam though ?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 am Reply with quote
Seiya0890 wrote:

What Warner has to do with Gundam though ?

Warner was distributing Legendary’s films for them, and was apparently supposed to be the distributor for the Gundam movie. I say “was” because Legendary has had a very public spat with WarnerMedia after Warner elected to release Legendary made films directly on to HBO Max instead of going to theaters, and didn’t bother to tell anyone at Legendary until they publicly announced it. Now Legendary has made noise that if they don’t get upfront cash to make up for the shortfall from a non-existent box office, they plan to sue Warner for breach of contract, and that probably means the two never work together again, which puts Legendary’s slate of films for the future up a creek without a paddle.

Considering those options include Gundam and My Hero Academia, I don’t see too many tears.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1