• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Magical Index Light Novels Get Spinoff Manga About Misaki Shokuhō

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Best Railgun girl finally getting her focus. You love to see it. I don't think it'll get an anime adaptation (because I want them to catch up on lost time with Index), but a manga is good enough.
micah007

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when it would finally be her turn to be the focus of a spin-off. Good timing knowing this is coming, since I'm just finishing Junko's spin-off.
Touma55

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
Best Railgun girl finally getting her focus. You love to see it. I don't think it'll get an anime adaptation (because I want them to catch up on lost time with Index), but a manga is good enough.

I really hope Index will finally get a good adaption if they do New Testament. If they do it and it ends up being season 3 quality that would be incredibly disappointing.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope they make an anime of it.
RockSplash

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:
Rob19ny wrote:

I really hope Index will finally get a good adaption if they do New Testament. If they do it and it ends up being season 3 quality that would be incredibly disappointing.

I thought Index was great...until I read the novels and realized how different they are. Every adaption cuts stuff out, but major exposition and story beats are removed. It sucks especially Index is one of the earlier popular LNs.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:07 am Reply with quote
the only thing that may inferest me is if this series will confirm whether or not misaki and touma really did met long before he met mikoto let alone index.

there have been so many rumors from so called "people that read the japanese light novels" that it is impossible to know whether or not their speaking the truth or their clickbaiting people hook, line & sinker!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:43 am Reply with quote
All I want is a New Testament season, there's so much to watch and see.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:55 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
All I want is a New Testament season, there's so much to watch and see.

Right there with ya. Or at least a second season of Accelerator or a Railgun movie.
OH&S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:19 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
the only thing that may inferest me is if this series will confirm whether or not misaki and touma really did met long before he met mikoto let alone index.

there have been so many rumors from so called "people that read the japanese light novels" that it is impossible to know whether or not their speaking the truth or their clickbaiting people hook, line & sinker!

The light novels have already answered that question. I doubt this manga will touch on it. That said, this manga is a sequel to Astral Buddy drawn by the same artist (And available in English). In that manga, there was a direct reference to the LNs regarding their relationship. In fact Astral Buddy is best enjoyed knowing what happens in the LNs and side story beforehand as there's a lot of cross reference between them.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:48 am Reply with quote
Neato. Since it's technically a sequel to Astral Buddy, I wonder if there's still a possibility of it getting an anime, adapting both of those
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:48 am Reply with quote
Neato. Since it's technically a sequel to Astral Buddy, I wonder if there's still a possibility of it getting an anime, adapting both of those
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:52 am Reply with quote
Outstanding, This is some great news.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I love "A certain/ To Aru" series and I think Misaki is a great character.

HOWEVER, why another scientific spinoff story? Why not some magical spinoffs???
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1