Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mato Seihei no Slave Battle Fantasy Manga Gets TV Anime


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TarsTarkas



Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 5143
Location: Virginia, United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The story begins when a down-on-his-luck boy named Yūki Wakura meets Uzen Kyōka, a girl who has gained the power of the peach, and is the captain of the 7th Anti-Demon Squad.


Since it is not explicitly stated, I'll assume the boy is the truly unlucky one to have the title from the series title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3ngag3



Joined: 16 Oct 2015
Posts: 184
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:43 am Reply with quote
If AGK was a little over the top with its violent moments, then Mato Seihei is the opposite of that. A little over the top with its perversion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John the Dark Lord



Joined: 19 Jun 2020
Posts: 124
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:53 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Quote:
The story begins when a down-on-his-luck boy named Yūki Wakura meets Uzen Kyōka, a girl who has gained the power of the peach, and is the captain of the 7th Anti-Demon Squad.


Since it is not explicitly stated, I'll assume the boy is the truly unlucky one to have the title from the series title.


Honestly, the "Slave" thing is just because of the description of the superpower of the female lead. When he is not fighting/getting into ecchi situation, our MC is basically being a housekeeper/janitor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
a_Bear_in_Bearcave
Subscriber



Joined: 14 Jan 2019
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:27 am Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Quote:
The story begins when a down-on-his-luck boy named Yūki Wakura meets Uzen Kyōka, a girl who has gained the power of the peach, and is the captain of the 7th Anti-Demon Squad.


Since it is not explicitly stated, I'll assume the boy is the truly unlucky one to have the title from the series title.


Honestly, the "Slave" thing is just because of the description of the superpower of the female lead. When he is not fighting/getting into ecchi situation, our MC is basically being a housekeeper/janitor.

Also, the "slave" power have to be renewed before every battle, so it's not like he couldn't quit anytime he wants (outside of battle), he just doesn't mind and neither do the girls. There can be few uncomfortable moments in the manga, but they aren't related to the slave power, just generic manga things spoiler[like overly gropey tomboy bi/lesbain]. In general it's really good ecchi with likeable characters (most of them at least), many fetishes, plot is somewhat generic but not bad. I definitely recommend it, and I'm glad it got an anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jay_Stone



Joined: 15 Oct 2016
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:53 am Reply with quote
A while ago, I read a few chapters of the manga. I'm extremely excited for this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yune Amagiri



Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 565
Location: France
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:09 am Reply with quote
The kindest work of Takahiro by far and one of my favorite action ecchi manga in recent years, the ecchi's purpose in this one is similar to DxD's so it's not purposeless lucky sukebe scenes which tend to bother some.

I'm glad for the news, while the pace is a bit too fast overall, the characters are all likable, i hope they won't change too much things like Akame's anime did.

See you soon Hinowa.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Niyari



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 329
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:21 am Reply with quote
Hopefully nothing gets toned down too much because the balance of fanservice and story is what makes this series work.

Edit: Nvm apparently I'm already wrong about Kyouka lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrosefAmelion



Joined: 23 Oct 2020
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:43 am Reply with quote
This chick looks pretty badass aaaaand it's a harem...bleh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 1634
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:08 am Reply with quote
Akari Kito, nice. Please let this get budget.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegitPancake



Joined: 26 Jun 2017
Posts: 1046
Location: Texas, USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote
I hope the manga will get an English release, preferably before the anime starts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hoppy800



Joined: 09 Aug 2013
Posts: 2899
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:43 pm Reply with quote
a_Bear_in_Bearcave wrote:
John the Dark Lord wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Quote:
The story begins when a down-on-his-luck boy named Yūki Wakura meets Uzen Kyōka, a girl who has gained the power of the peach, and is the captain of the 7th Anti-Demon Squad.


Since it is not explicitly stated, I'll assume the boy is the truly unlucky one to have the title from the series title.


Honestly, the "Slave" thing is just because of the description of the superpower of the female lead. When he is not fighting/getting into ecchi situation, our MC is basically being a housekeeper/janitor.

Also, the "slave" power have to be renewed before every battle, so it's not like he couldn't quit anytime he wants (outside of battle), he just doesn't mind and neither do the girls. There can be few uncomfortable moments in the manga, but they aren't related to the slave power, just generic manga things spoiler[like overly gropey tomboy bi/lesbain]. In general it's really good ecchi with likeable characters (most of them at least), many fetishes, plot is somewhat generic but not bad. I definitely recommend it, and I'm glad it got an anime.


That sounds like something up my alley, hopefully it has an AT-X uncensored version if it's necessary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gem-Bug



Joined: 10 Nov 2018
Posts: 455
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:42 pm Reply with quote
This series is honestly really great and has a lot of heart. I remember not really being into the pilot chapter, but it gets so much better after that. Really exciting news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 2650
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:02 pm Reply with quote
A lewd Battle Harem? Sign me up!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MagicianMan



Joined: 28 Jun 2020
Posts: 70
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I definitely see this show rubbing a lot of people the wrong way considering that the slave power forces his "owners" spoiler[to give him sexual favors against their will as "rewards". It literally takes control of their actions and makes them strip for him.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Covnam



Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 2600
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Haven't gotten around to checking out the manga, but great to see an anime coming so I can check it out that way. Really enjoyed Akame, so looking forward to this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group