• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - 3-D Test

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Not that the 3DS is another Virtual Boy. Since the March launch of the 3DS, Nintendo's moved 1.7 million systems in North America alone. And while that's a solid success, it's perhaps not good enough for Nintendo's successor to the DS.

Funny you say that, as sales have been improving to the point where many are thinking that the 3DS' first year might actually surpass that of the first years of the DS.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
FF13-2: I won't say anything until it comes out.

KOFXIII: I heard it actually has visual novel-like storyline!

Tekken Hybrid:
Quote:
Another common complaint is that Blood Vengeance 3D is even worse than the abysmal Tekken anime

Wow! and you say Dai Sato wrote it?! Shocked
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
Wait. Why isn't there any talk about Skyrim?
OnkelDittmeyer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:

...with Skyward Sword becoming the first Zelda title with a bird race.

eventually i missed a point in the text, but there's been a bird race (at least) since wind waker, called Orni (german version, so no idea about different languages). Even though i cant tell if they're the same or connected to the skyward race.
Mune

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote
Special Editions don't make or break games in the United States. But, the idea of having downloadable content months before the game releases does make gamers unhappy. As it should have been in the game to begin with. Here's hoping the game is a success and not like X-2.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Aw man! Dynasty Warriors, Skyward Sword, and King of Fighters? All in one week. My poor money.

I already saw Blood Vengeance though, so I'll pass on Tekken Hybrid.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't play Final Fantasy games, and I'm already strongly against different pre-order bonuses for different stores (especially as many areas aren't lucky enough to have all of the stores available), but this is just ridiculous.

Gamestop - Extra outfit. Alright, might be nice, but it'll probably be available for DLC anyway.
Amazon - Extra boss. Definitely a step up from an outfit, and will piss people off if it's not available from DLC, especially if you get good stuff from said boss.
Best Buy - A NOVELLA. A physical book that expands the story. Easily trumps the other two for me, and I'm willing to bet a good number of other gamers would feel this way, too.

It's one thing if the different store bonuses are on the same level (a poster vs. a sticker sheet, or something like that), but when one is a minor aesthetic option, one is extra content, and one is a physical item that enhances the story, there's a problem.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote
They need to make another Darkstalkers game, I'm sick of being unemployed.
Zerreth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No Blue Mary, Yamazaki, or ANY of the new characters from the hilariously stupid Maximum Impact series.

I'm offended. I liked maximum impact. Granted, balance was broken and the story sucked, MI2 was a lot of fun and it wouldn't be so bad seeing a few of those characters get 2D versions.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Nice special edition for FF13-2. Square Enix does so many things wrong with the series but the music is not one of them. FF13 had an exquisite soundtrack. If I were buying the game I would get the LE just for that.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Really? Nintendo stands by its products. Would you be talking about the gamecube, or the wii maybe, which in the last year or so has one promising title Zelda, surprise surprise. Even the 64 all but abandoned the rpgs that made the snes such a great system.

Nintendo's support for system is always half assed, they throw out mario and zelda, and metroid which are all great series, but thats all their support; hell sometimes with stuff like the gamecube it takes so long for the game released its basically released for the next system, Twilight Princess anyone.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I pre-ordered Skyward Sword a year ago, when I thought it would be coming out soon. I hope I get my pre-order soon.

Come to think of it, I never finished Twilight Princess. I was stuck at one part and never could get past it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
UMvC3: Cameo reference DLC does not a game fix.

Vita: Oh my freakin' god, are they serious? This is just as bad as the debacle with the Go. I wonder just how much this is going to dent their first few weeks of sales.

FFXIII-2: I'm hoping this game will be as good as it keeps being advertised. My big concern is over how people will already start playing it, claim they finished it and make half-assed remarks about how it's yet another mediocre JRPG. We don't need these idiots telling us that it's just as bad as FXIII or whatever, but the forums will have their topics.

Abobo's Big Adventure: ...What the balls?

3DS: I'm with Todd on this one. Where are the RPGs for this thing? I won't care about it until I get Tales of the Abyss 3DS as well as the new Paper Mario. UnchainBlades Rexx is an impressive project considering the artists and voice work that went into it, but I'd rather have it for the PSP, which may become more beloved now that the Vita has just announced its reason for epic fail in the near future. Seriously Nintendo, repeat after me, "We want RPGs.", okay?

The rest: Nothing of interest for me, but then again I've become far too busy to invest in games right now. I'm hoping for a brief respite when Christmas break rolls around.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The 3DS launched at $250 (before abruptly dropping to $180)...

It went down to $169.99, so $170.

belvadeer wrote:
3DS: I'm with Todd on this one. Where are the RPGs for this thing? I won't care about it until I get Tales of the Abyss 3DS as well as the new Paper Mario. UnchainBlades Rexx is an impressive project considering the artists and voice work that went into it, but I'd rather have it for the PSP, which may become more beloved now that the Vita has just announced its reason for epic fail in the near future. Seriously Nintendo, repeat after me, "We want RPGs.", okay?

Japan will be getting quite a few of them over the next few months. Who knows if any other countries will be getting them, however...
kamanashi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Vita: Oh my freakin' god, are they serious? This is just as bad as the debacle with the Go. I wonder just how much this is going to dent their first few weeks of sales.

I actually don't think it will hurt them much at all. I get the feeling most people would still play PSP games on their PSP. While this isn't the ideal solution, it is a decent one. If they gave the game downloads away for free, people would just sell the UMDs, so paying between $5 and $15 to download them isn't so bad. At least they are giving an option. Though, I would still prefer a external UMD drive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3