Funimation to Stream World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman Anime
posted on 2014-12-31 18:39 EST by Karen Ressler
The anime will premiere on January 11 and Funimation will stream the first episode on January 18.
Funimation describes the story:
Akane Academy is just like any other school…except the students just happen to be reincarnated legendary heroes from a distant past who battled for the fate of the world. Now, evil monsters are threatening to wreak havoc, and it's up to the students of Akane Academy to stop them! Follow Moroha, Shizuno, and Satsuki as they navigate love, past lives, and kicking butt in this action fantasy with a dash of fanservice.
Takayuki Inagaki is directing the anime at Diomedea (Gingitsune , My mental choices are completely interfering with my school romantic comedy) with Masakazu Ishikawa (Campione! , Kodomo no Jikan) adapting refeia 's original character designs for the series. Hiroshi Yamaguchi (Gingitsune) is in charge of the series scripts.
The cast includes:
Kaito Ishikawa as Moroha Haimura
Ayana Taketatsu as Satsuki Ranjō
Aoi Yūki as Shizuno Urushibara
Yui Ogura as Maya Shimon
Maaya Uchida as Haruka Momochi
- Reina Ueda as Elena Arshavina
- Machico as Sophia Mertesacker
- Chiaki Omigawa as Angela Johnson
- Nichika Omori as Yuri Oregvich Zhirkov
- Ayane Sakura as Katia Eskevna Honda
- Yuko Minaguchi as Mari Shimon
- Wataru Hatano as Sir Edward Runbird
- Yuichi Nakamura as Jin Isurugi
- Yu Kobayashi as Tokiko Kanzaki
- Toru Ohkawa as Tarō Tanaka
- Ryou Sugizaki as Gen Isurugi
- Akira Ishida as Andō Suruga
- Takehito Koyasu as Charles Saint-Germain
- Rie Kugimiya as Arlene Highbury
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Lū Jishin
- Fumi Morisawa as Vasilisa Yuryevna Mostovaya
SoftBank Creative's GA Bunko imprint launched the light novel series in 2012 with illustrations by refeia (Koiken! ~ Watashi-tachi Anime ni Natchatta! ~ ). A manga adaptation will run in Kadokawa's Monthly Comp Ace magazine.
Thanks to Rukiia for the news tip
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history