The Heroic Legend of Arslan TV Anime's 4th Ad Previews Silvermask
posted on 2015-03-01 05:28 EST by Sarah Nelkin
The official website for The Heroic Legend of Arslan (Arslan Senki) television anime began streaming a new commercial on Sunday. The ad announces that Yuuki Kaji (Otome Yōkai Zakuro, Attack on Titan) will play the mysterious lord Silvermask.
Silvermask: I don't need people who aren't useful to me!
Narrator: The Heroic Legend of Arslan.
Silvermask: Don't call that person a king!
The cast also stars:
The staff includes:
- Manga: Hiromu Arakawa
- Original creator: Yoshiki Tanaka (Published by Kobunsha Kappa Novels)
- Director: Noriyuki Abe (Black Butler: Book of Circus, Yū Yū Hakusho)
- Series Composition: Makoto Uezu (Yuki Yuna Is a Hero, Akame ga KILL!)
- Chief Character Design: Shingo Ogiso (key animation on the anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day film)
- Character Design: Ushio Tazawa, Kazuo Watanabe
- Action Director: Satoshi Kimura
- Concept Design: Daisuke Niitsuma
- Art Director: Tadashi Kudo
- Background: Studio Pinewood
- Color Key: Aiko Shinohara
- CG Director: Daisuke Suzuki
- Modeling Director: Hiroshi Adachi
- 3DCGI: SANZIGEN Animation Studio
- Director of Photography: Yukihiro Masumoto
- Photography: Graphinica
- Editing: Mai Hasegawa
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Effects: Yasumasa Koyama
- Sound: Magic Capsule
- Music: Taro Iwashiro
- Animation Production: LIDEN FILMS x SANZIGEN Animation Studio
- Production: The Heroic Legend of Arslan Production Committee
Iwashiro composed the theme song "The Arslan," which he will debut at his April 4 concert at Tokyo Opera City's Concert Hall.
The anime will premiere on Sunday, April 5 at 5:00 p.m. in Japan.
Kodansha published the second volume in Japan in May, and Kodansha USA published the second volume in North America in November. Crunchyroll is also releasing the manga as it appears in Japan. Central Park Media released the earlier 1991-93 original video anime adaptation of the novel.
Kodansha USA describes the manga's story:
In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father.
At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan's destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom.