Koei Tecmo Reveals La Corda d'Oro Octave Game For Smartphones
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Koei Tecmo Games' Ruby Party brand announced a new installment in its La Corda D'Oro game series on September 9 titled La Corda D'Oro Octave. The game is slated for release on smartphones in 2017, and is the first game in the series designed for smartphones. The game's official website began streaming a promotional video on September 12.
The game is set in a world where music can be blessed by fairies, and can perform miracles. The story begins on Harmonia, an island between the human and fairy worlds. The island's symbolic bell guides six young musicians to the island. There, the musicians confront a new environment, as well as the "music of the fairies." The characters are all from previous installments of the game series.
The game's cast includes:
- Kishō Taniyama as Ren Tsukimori
- Masakazu Morita as Kazuki Hihara
- Daisuke Kishio as Azuma Yunoki
- Kentarou Itou as Yukihiro Yagisawa
- Kishō Taniyama as Chiaki Tōgane
- Satoshi Hino as Reiji Myōga
- Kentarou Itou as Ryōtarō Tsuchiura
- Jun Fukuyama as Keiichi Shimazu
- Mamoru Miyano as Aoi Kaji
- Jun Fukuyama as Kyōya Kisaragi
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Ritsu Kisaragi
- Yuya Uchida as Daichi Sakaki
The franchise inspired a 26-episode television anime series in 2006, and a two-episode television special sequel, La Corda D'Oro ~secondo passo~, aired in spring of 2009. A third anime, La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky, premiered in 2014 and ran for 12 episodes. Crunchyroll streamed all three anime and Sentai Filmworks released La Corda D'Oro and La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky in North America.