Bakumatsu TV Anime's 2nd Video Reveals More Staff, October Debut, Opening Song
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for Bakumatsu, the television anime of FuRyu's Renai Bakumatsu Kareshi smartphone game, began streaming the second promotional video for the anime on Friday. The video reveals the anime's additional staff members and October premiere on TBS and BS-TBS. It also reveals and previews the opening theme song "Spiral Maze" by MIKOTO.
The additional staff members include:
- Assistant Director: Akihiro Saitō
- Color Key: Imari Katsuragi
- Art Director: Takeshi Satou
- Director Of Photography: Akira Shimozaki
- Editing: Naoki Watanabe
- Sound Director: Sadayoshi Fujino
The site unveiled a new character visual.
While the original app focuses on romance, the anime will be a sci-fi action-adventure series.
Masaki Watanabe (Kado: The Right Answer, Bartender) is directing the series at Studio DEEN. Masahiro Yokotani (All Out!!, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club franchise) is handling the series composition, and Hidekazu Shimamura (Clockwork Planet, Nodame Cantabile) is designing the characters based on Natsuki's original designs. MAGES is composing the music.
The show stars: (Note: Characters based on historical Japanese figures are written with last name first.)
- Yūichi Nakamura as Takasugi Shinsaku
- Takuya Eguchi as Katsura Kogorō
- Shinichiro Miki as Sakamoto Ryōma
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Okada Izō
- Toshiyuki Someya as Hijikata Toshizō
- Takuya Satō as Kondō Isami
- Tsubasa Yonaga as Okita Sōji
- Keita Tada as Saitō Hajime
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Tokugawa Shinobu
- Taku Yashiro as Yamazaki Susumu
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as the Emperor
- Yoshiki Nakajima as Seimei
The romance simulation game originally launched on iOS and Android on March 14, 2017.
In the original game's story, the heroine is in Kyoto for sightseeing when she receives a mysterious pocket watch from a man. The heroine wears the watch and passes through a shrine's torii gate, and she is transported to "another" Bakumatsu era 150 years ago during the final years of the Edo period. The heroine must then try to find a way back home to the present.