• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soul Eater Anime to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 am Reply with quote
Now thats a great pick up.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
It is about time Toonami airs someing really good.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
The only thing keeping me from watching this was that I could never find the time too. Now I can fully watch it.

A question for anybody who watched this before. Who's the real main character in this show? I know the girl is holding the guy as a weapon, but who does the show tend to focus more on. Or is it that they're both equally main characters. This is a question from a guy who's never seen one episode btw.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
The only thing keeping me from watching this was that I could never find the time too. Now I can fully watch it.

A question for anybody who watched this before. Who's the real main character in this show? I know the girl is holding the guy as a weapon, but who does the show tend to focus more on. Or is it that they're both equally main characters. This is a question from a guy who's never seen one episode btw.

The scythe girl and boy are the mainest characters but they are like one team of three that gets a ton of focus that's pretty well spread out.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:

Excalibur
simnys978

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 am Reply with quote
Maka (the girl) is the real protagonist of the series, however, a lot of other characters in the series gets just as much screen time as her, both in the anime and manga, so it's easier to say that there are more than one main protagonist.

But, if someone were to ask me who the main-main protagonist is, it definitely goes to Maka.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Good job toonami (lucky for people in the states)---as for Canada...**** you YTV
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Guess this should last them a year...

getchman wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:

Excalibur

Haha...
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
I had just mentioned to somebody recently that I sometimes think about watching Soul Eater, despite my wanting interest in shōnen series, since it looks a little different from the usual. This just might be the right occasion for it. Then again, I'm not so keen on staying to 1:30 AM in the morning every week, so maybe I'll hope for Adult Swim to put the English dub on their website. (It's not on Hulu at the moment)

This is the first really good move that Toonami has made in a while. (I still can't grasp why they picked the dreadful Tench Muyo GXP)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
I just wish it all aired earlier :/. i can never manage to stay up that last most of the time while the rest of my family is asleep.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Toonami keeping the shonen action coming! Glad to see Soul Eater finally get on TV, hope it gets more people interested in the series!
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
They really should have gotten this two years ago instead of Kekkaishi. Better late than never though, so I'm gonna fire up the DVR.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
Wonder how it will do, since the audience might be slightly diminished due to those with access to the Funimation channel having being able to watch it before the channel went dark on FIOS.

As for your question, StrawHat, as others have said Maka and Soul (the scythe-wielding girl and albino boy) are the main characters if one really had to press the issue, but the other two teams get alot of airtime as well and the three teams are highlighted fairly evenly. Basically, the idea is that one team member acts as a wielder while the other transforms into a weapon that they use (the weapons remain sentient and can advise their user telepathically). This sounds like it could be slightly disturbing and exploitive, but it actually works surprisingly well. The team members also happen to be friends who care about, respect and look after eachother, so you don't feel as if anyone's being used.

I'd say it's one of the better shounen series I've watched, and I'm nowhere near that demographic.
halo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
TV GUIDE, YOU’RE AN *******.

THE NEW SHOW IS… SOUL EATER!!!

We held it off for as long as we could, but we guess in the digital age, there’s no stopping spoilers! Anyway. The new show IS Soul Eater, and it begins when Samurai 7 ends! Promo next week. We love you.

-Toonami crew.

Why the hell are they determined to keep what the new show is under wraps as long as possible? Wouldn't it make more sense to advertise at least a couple weeks in advance?
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
This is a great pick-up for the block, I hope Soul Eater does great for them. I do kinda wish it had been something I hadn't already seen, but that's a small complaint on my part. I'll still give this a watch when I can. Can't wait to see the wicked promos they do for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6