• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Ikkitousen On the Way

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote
Shocked

Never realized that this was such a popular title. Damn, now I really do have to hurry up and buy the first series.

Since I can't read Japanese, can someone tell me if the official site specifically mentions if this anime will be sequel or a remake? The Animenation piece just calls it the second series and that could mean anything.

Seriously, how did Ikkitousen get a new series? Is it really that popular in Japan or did it sell so well outside Japan that, like Hellsing, it prompted more product being made.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
Laughing

Wow, a sequel! Well since the director of Burst Angel is involved with animation done by ARMS (who did Elfen Lied and a bunch of hentai series), we're going to get somewhat better clothes-ripping and breasts bouncing animation quality (oh yeah, the fight scenes....right....Rolling Eyes). Hell, they even got the character designer from La Blue Girl and Wordsworth involved! Shocked
Dark Chi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote
I think the first series did well in the U.S. I know it ran on Comcast Anime Selects this year. Must've done well.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote
Replace the tilde with colon to fit ANN's descriptive subtitle ethics, please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
belisarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:36 am Reply with quote
I for one would like to know if we can count on season two to provide us with even more bomb ahead you party time!
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote
belisarius wrote:
I for one would like to know if we can count on season two to provide us with even more bomb ahead you party time!

lol that would be Tenjo Tenge, tho they're strikingly similar in many ways.....
vickeyv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
Stupidman007 wrote:
belisarius wrote:

Yeah if ikki tousen can have a second season why can't Tenjou Tenge. I mean i donot know market statistics but just by looking at the product i can firmly say that the Tenjou Tenge manga would be more famous than Ikki Tousen for fans who like quality in the sort of department these two mangas deal in. Thu Tenjou Tenge has an awesome story thu.

Besides the Anime was much better. Even that superceeded Ikki Tousen in all departments. Jinggling ----, fight scenes. Music, Bomb ahead and all that.
belisarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Stupidman007 wrote:
belisarius wrote:

Oooooooh yeah. Tenjo Tenge was the one with the female lead who's generally a submissive quasi-clutz but can also become violent when her loved ones are threatened and Ikki-Tousen was the one with....the female lead who's generally a submissive quasi-clutz but can also become violent when her loved ones are threatened . Huh. I wonder why I always confuse the two.
fxg97873

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I got the R1 Box Set, all the available manga, gashapon figurines, etc.

Having said that, I still don't know what the show is about since I must have missed History class...from the Japanese School System.

Still, one not need to know about the Three Kingdoms of China to appreciate boobs, panties and violence...so count me in for this sequel and all its merchandise!!!

Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Anime cry

mk2000
Enjeru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read much of the manga so I am no expert by any means, but from what I have read, the anime series ended at about the 1/2 point of the manga that is out thus far. I am not sure if the manga is still in serialization in Japan or not.
There have been quite a few series that do this and see if it is well recieved before they finish it. If the show does poorly, then they scrap a second season.
I for one am looking forward to another season. The ecchi was a little over the top and at times got in the way, however I really liked the idea of taking an old story and putting a "today" spin on it. Kind of reminds me of the Romeo & Juilet movie that came out in the 90's. A new twist on a old story.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Can someone tell me why they're releasing a limited edition uncensored promotion video? From the website.

KANU!! Very Happy Love to see her back in action this time, and it looks like Ryomo will be in there as well. This will be interesting.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
belisarius wrote:
Stupidman007 wrote:
belisarius wrote:

Oooooooh yeah. Tenjo Tenge was the one with the female lead who's generally a submissive quasi-clutz but can also become violent when her loved ones are threatened and Ikki-Tousen was the one with....the female lead who's generally a submissive quasi-clutz but can also become violent when her loved ones are threatened . Huh. I wonder why I always confuse the two.

Because Ikki-Tousen is somewhat of a rip off of Tengo Tenge some of the fight scenes were rip err I mean "inspired " by Tengo Tenge...

Bah give me a 2nd season of Tengo Tenge could care less about this series it has nowhere near the depth that Tengo Tenge has.
CrazyCanuck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Bah give me a 2nd season of Tengo Tenge could care less about this series it has nowhere near the depth that Tengo Tenge has.

And that really says something. Razz For the record I own, have watch and (I'm ashamed to admit) enjoyed both series' in question. For that matter, so did my wife. Deep they are not. But who doesn't love random exploding clothes? Embarassed
Enjeru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
_well there are two OVA's of Tenjho Tenge. One as a prequel and one as a last chapter.
I am not certain of this or not, but I believe that Tenjho Tenge is still running as a manga in Japan. So the chance of a 2nd season is possible, but not until the end of the manga (if it is still running or not).
I also heard rumblings of a possible live-action Tenjho Tenge. I don't know if that is a viable rumor or not.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I much preferred Ikkitousen over TT for pure fanservice, and also for the cleaner animation (although there was absolutely no comparison on any level when it comes to character designs Cool ). Anyone who thinks the plot for Ikkitousen was anything more than an excuse for tension and to create more fights between pairups (err.... matchups Wink ) between characters... is probably deluding themselves. The show wasn't about the plot, it was about the fanservice; and when comparing it to the last two thirds of TT in particular, Ikkitousen takes the cake here. I for one am very happy for a second season. I just hope they take it even farther Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3