• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Manga Kindaichi Case Files Gets New TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partysmores

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
First Sakura Diaries now this, it seems we might be getting a boom of revivals of old manga.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:

First Sakura Diaries now this, it seems we might be getting a boom of revivals of old manga.

It's a sparse sector in TV anime they're trying to fill.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
I think it is worth mentioning (and may be added to the article) that Saturday 5:30 p.m. slot on YTV and NTV is Space Brother's slot! I assume that this means Space Brothers will end in April?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote
molibdaenum wrote:
I think it is worth mentioning (and may be added to the article) that Saturday 5:30 p.m. slot on YTV and NTV is Space Brother's slot! I assume that this means Space Brothers will end in April?

If that's true, then I can finally start marathoning the series later this year.

At any rate, looking forward to this anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
It doesn't really make much sense to replace Space Brothers now... its been doing really good ratings and it has an anime movie coming out in August.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 am Reply with quote
Yes! At last, another Kindaichi anime! I was a huge fan of the manga back when Tokyopop was releasing it. It's a great combination of the horror and mystery genres. Sadly those volumes are out of print now, and near-impossible to find. So I'm pleased to see we're getting a new adaption.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:10 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
It doesn't really make much sense to replace Space Brothers now... its been doing really good ratings and it has an anime movie coming out in August.

Aren't they running out of material for it? Last episode (#93) covered chapters 174 and 175 apparently. How many chapters are published at all? 223? 224?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 am Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:

This is a new adaptation of the old tv series. Its more comparable to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hunter X Hunter, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure which all recently got new anime (though JJBA anime adapted material never animated before outside of a movie no one liked and never even got a release on home video)

Basically people figured out that they could create diversity by remaking old anime that had manga that was never animated and people would watch it.
Araki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote
molibdaenum wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Aren't they running out of material for it? Last episode (#93) covered chapters 174 and 175 apparently. How many chapters are published at all? 223? 224?

Yes, it's getting too close to the manga. Maybe the anime will stop now and come back along with the movie release? That would buy some time.
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this might inspire some North American company to license the earlier anime?
Probably not. The show is too old and too long, but I would buy it. It would be nice to have something legitimate to replace my "official" Malaysian release of the first 59 episodes.

A rescue of the original manga would also be nice, but that has the same problems as the anime. Too old and too long. And the fact that Tokyopop released 17 volumes would probably be another deterrent.

For now I think that the most realistic thing to do is hope that the new anime gets licensed sometimes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
Its not getting closer to the manga any more then any other long running show. One Piece has been doing 1 chapter an episode for years, and that would give Space Brothers more then enough breathing room. Could throw in a filler arc too.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
So we now got 50 new anime to air in spring, its sure going to be busy.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy I've been waiting for news like this for a while! I'm ecstatic to see a Kindaichi anime!! :DDD (I'm a little worried what that timeslot means for Space Brothers, though. >.> )
Chipp12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:46 am Reply with quote
That's great! I'm reading the spin-off in Manga Box and really enjoing it.
Namu12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote
... and this one wont get subbs like the previous ones... Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1