• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Hollywood Gets 2nd Anime Season in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised because it's easily the most overlooked and under-appreciated show of the season. Had it not been for the episode reviews on ANN I doubt there'd be anyone talking about it at all.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
I'm surprised because it's easily the most overlooked and under-appreciated show of the season.

There was also another show that is overlooked this summer as well and that goes to Jinsei which I'm enjoying a lot more than most series airing during that season.
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it was really popular in Japan? (though I doubt it)

With a second season coming this quickly, the financiers probably thought it would be a hit and bought 2 seasons at once. Maybe not the best decision unless it really boosts the source material's sales
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Good news! Smile

Shonen Hollywood wasn't among the best of the season but it was still a decent anime. I really got into it after the first couple of episodes.
Suena

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm way behind on this show. I should try and finish it before fall season gets into swing.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
TarutoClown93 wrote:
There was also another show that is overlooked this summer as well and that goes to Jinsei which I'm enjoying a lot more than most series airing during that season.

True, Jinsei didn't even have the advantage of being streamed anywhere (the only episodes i saw were in fansubs).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
CeaseActivity wrote:
With a second season coming this quickly, the financiers probably thought it would be a hit and bought 2 seasons at once. Maybe not the best decision unless it really boosts the source material's sales

More likely just split cours from the beginning, which means even shows that bomb in sales like Chaika still have another season coming. Maybe sales numbers affect if some episodes get chopped off the end like the case of that anime, but since there's only a season downtime in between, it was always planned to be this way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1