• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gravity Rush 2 Announced for PS4 in 2016

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:21 am Reply with quote
Yay for more Gravity! Looks like there will be a playable Raven and a two-player mode.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
YES!

I've always wanted to play Gravity Rush, but I never had a PS Vita! This is so cool.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:40 am Reply with quote
Not mentioned in the article, there's also an animation project in the works. No information on the format or anything, just it was announced during the Sony conference.
Silver4000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
Well, on the PS4 the game will be able to have a greater world, so I can't wait for it.
bs3311

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
I'm glad the sequel is still in development with a official yearly release date. But I'm disappointed that its not on the Vita. It adds more salt into the wound called, "Sony gives up on the Vita." Yes, I can play it through remote play. But it wont fully use the full gyroscope/touch screen for it.

I won't be able to sit in the middle of my room on my rolling/rotating chair spinning around with my vita to lock on monsters in the illusion of 360 view when prepared to gravity kick/blast getting sick. Maybe when morpheus is released, but the style of this game doesn't require alot of power from any console besides maybe the citizen ai/movements. So I don't see the problem in releasing it on both Ps4 and Vita. But whatever, less use for my Vita Crying or Very sad
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:32 am Reply with quote
This kind of feels like Sony's unofficial announcement to end support for the Vita. Confused I didn't nearly get enough use out of it, a pretty disappointing outing.
redcar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
Uh oh, Todd's going to detonate on this week's X Button Laughing
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
redcar wrote:
Uh oh, Todd's going to detonate on this week's X Button Laughing

Yep. My first reaction to the headline was, "I can think of somebody at this site that will be very pleased."

I suppose it doesn't matter in the end since I have a Vita and a PS4, but I probably would have preferred this to be on the Vita. Like others have said, it doesn't send a very good message about the system if Sony has opted not to develop a sequel for it. This is especially true when the first game was designed as something of a tech showcase for the Vita.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
zomg
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
This kind of feels like Sony's unofficial announcement to end support for the Vita.

Only outside of Japan of course Wink
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Huh, so Sony hasn't forgotten about Gravity Rush. I thought it looked very nice, though I haven't played it. I'll take people's word for it that it controls fine too. This premise sounds like it could go wrong on so many levels as far as controls go.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
a port and a sequel for the PS4 only?

i guess that's it for the vita then
tentensan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
a port and a sequel for the PS4 only?

i guess that's it for the vita then

Okay okay okay. People ya'll need to chill. Okay, let me say one thing, I don't believe that Sony is ending support for the vita. You guys there are many games coming to the PsVita already that you guys are missing. There's the Sword Art Online game, the Corpse Party game, the Persona 4 game, and many more along the way. Now I know what you're saying, "But there's so little games on the Vita! Sony doesn't give it as much support as the PS4!" However, you guys need to take into account how hard the copyright is to get the games over here for the vita. Not to mention all the translating they have to do. Now hey, I loved the Gravity Rush game as much as any other person who played it, I still have the game and love playing it every once in a while now but, who knows? Maybe after the sales skyrocket for the PS4 version, Sony could bring it back to the vita. And also maybe if someone starts a petition online or something and it gets enough signatures they would try to also make it compatible for the vita.
This is just my two cents.[/code]
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Been waiting for this! Smile So damned happy!

Also, I'm fine with no Vita version, look at the stuff they're pulling off in GR2, it looks amazing.
B00m23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Talk about a dick move.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2