• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Inori Minase Win 10th Annual Seiyū Awards

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
Congrats Hiroshi!!!! Heard he is absolutely incredible (more than usual) in Kizu
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
Yoshitsugu. Matsuoka. I must have been in an alternate dimension last year.

Hosoya! Ahhhhhhhh! Smile
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka gets my award for voice that makes me never leave a drink unguarded when he's on screen.
crx07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
Is Seiyu Awards is a fan-based award? I don't think the Seiyu Awards are awarding seiyus purely based on talent. Obviously, the popularity of the show and the fit of the seiyus to the characters they voiced has something to do with it.
1. Most probably School-Live! and Himouto! Umaru-chan are really popular in Japan. These shows really helped put Rie Takahashi, Inori Minase, and Aimi Tanaka a solid case. DanMachi much more. I think the popularity of DanMachi has a great influence in today's awarding. Matsuoka, Minase, Hayami, and Hosoya are in DanMachi.
Edit: Changed my mind. Minase won greatly because of the Anthem of the Heart movie. Overlooked it.
2. I really thought Minase is a rookie seiyuu and Uesaka is not. Uesaka is already voicing that old Chuunibyou anime.
3. The irony on comparing Takahashi to her role on Sore ga Seiyuu. She voiced Futaba Ichinose spoiler[who is struggling to get a role because she sucks. Then long story short, Ichinose realized that she is good in voicing boy characters]. Yet Takahashi gets nice roles and voices girl characters like Megumin and Miki. And spoiler[ in Sore ga Seiyu, one of Ichinose's friends is already a popular seiyu and the other friend has a potential. But] their seiyus are yet to break out.

Last edited by crx07 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
crx07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
Matsuoka finally got an award. Like, he is voicing MC's everywhere that many are already tired of his "rangeless" voice.
Are Hayami's roles in Oregairu and Yamada supporting roles?
I really thought Shizuka Itou already had an award before.
Wrathful

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
#844903 wrote:
Matsuoka finally got an award. Like, he is voicing MC's everywhere that many are already tired of his "rangeless" voice.
Are Hayami's roles in Oregairu and Yamada supporting roles?
I really thought Shizuka Itou already had an award before.

Not only that I only see this guy voicing same bland protagonist in cookie-cutter light novels. The only time I've heard something different is from Dimension W. I'm not sure if that's an impressive pedigree.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
Most likely Matsuoka and Minase won for their roles in Shokugeki no Soma and The Anthem of the Heart respectively.

Really glad for Rie Takahashi. She's one of the most promising young voice actresses.
As for the people wondering if Uesaka still counts as a rookie - she debuted in 2011, so she still counts as one by the rules.

Last edited by KutovoiAnton on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
mierin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:57 am Reply with quote
I'm happy for Suzumura's win for the Personality award.

He does a lot of radio shows over the past few years, and they are such great fun to listen to Very Happy [/list]
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to all the winners! Personally I feel it was still a bit early for Matsuoka to win the big prize, though. If they were going to pick someone that young, I would have been more satisfied with Shimazaki Nobunaga or Hanae Natsuki who I feel are more well-rounded than Matsuoka.

All I could hear was Shirayuki when Hayami spoke. Anime hyper

Very happy to see Suzu win Best Personality and Best Supporting Actor. Got a bit teary as he mentioned Matsuki Miyu and Cherry Bell during his Best Personality speech. Anime cry I love his Iyami.

Kamiya won the Kamiya Hiroshi Award, no surprise there. Anime hyper Next year should be interesting now that Kamiya has been inducted into the Most Votes Award hall of fame, which means he can't win it again. It was funny when they took a look back at the past winners of the award. Anime hyper

I was surprised at just how DEEP Takeuchi's voice is. Like, whoa!

Pierre Coffin's message was pretty cool with him doing the minion voice.

Was rather disappointed that the live stream cut short as soon as it became 7PM so we missed part of Minase's speech and all of Matsuoka's. Didn't even get to see them announce Matsuoka's win, and it doesn't look like they will restream the ceremony. Hope someone puts up a copy of Daisuki.net's stream!
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Ahh when I first Uemara in that Cute Club Anime (too tired to look it up), I had my eye/ear on him. Good to know he won that award.

Murase has been hustling in those 5 years, his list of credits are really long compared to Uemara.

I don't really watch a lot of Matsouka is in, didn't really realize he does a lot of light novel adaptions which I normally avoid. So I don't have much of an opinion on him though he can be nasally at times but his Souma was pretty funny and I think nailed the character.

Who will now win the Most Votes Award now? The fandom is probably gonna scramble to make sure OnoD makes it from now on or something Laughing
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Inori Minase definitely deserved it! She was fantastic in everything she was in...even if some of the shows (Comet Lucifer lol) were complete garbage.

Yoshitsugu Matsuoka on the other hand has almost no diversity and is pretty bland as a whole.

They were Bell and Hestia in DanMachi so I think it's safe to assume that anime is specifically what won them these awards.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I wish the article would have listed the roles for all the award winners. It only lists them from the "Merits Award" down. I guess i'm just not one of those people that obsessively following the individual voice actors/actresses, but i'd still like to know what the roles are that they won the award for. Like someone above me mentioned that two of the winners were from the Girl Dungeon Pickup anime. Wish the article would have listed that as a role.
LetsEatRamen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, congrats to Hayami, Uesaka and Morikubo. And having Pierre Coffin there is pretty cool. Very Happy

And congrats to Great Lord Hiroshi Kamiya. I love this guy.
harminia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 pm Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Next year should be interesting now that Kamiya has been inducted into the Most Votes Award hall of fame, which means he can't win it again.

Oho! Really, that's a thing? Next year will be very interesting then.

Congrats to everyone (especially Kikuko, Hosoyan, Suzumura and Umehara!) I actually don't mind Yoshitsugu winning, but to be fair, when the condition is "Award for best leading performances from an actor during the year" and you've voiced like 70% of the leads from the past year, there's not much competition Razz
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
I haven't voted the past few years, but if I were to vote next year, Ishida Akira has my vote for best actor! His work in Rakugo Shinjuu has just been spectacular. Midorikawa is also voicing the lead in Sakamoto desu ga? so it'll be interesting to see if veterans make a comeback.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2