• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: School Battle Anime Hundred's TV Ad Previews Opening Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind these types of shows, really, they're a nice watch, and one's not exactly supposed to gear up their brains when watching them. Still, I wonder...
Quote:
...On top of that, as soon as he enters the school, he is challenged to a duel by the "Queen" (the school's most powerful Slayer) Claire Harvey.

...how many times does it make by now? Has anyone kept count? Wink
Larkan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
^ the circumstances are a bit different and so is the end result
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Larkan wrote:
^ the circumstances are a bit different and so is the end result

Yeah but still...as a premise goes you have to agree they need to change the type of introduction of the two main leagues in this show..otherwise it will leave a bad first impression.

I mean cmon the premise is just as important as the rest of the show..so they need to change it..so they can show that it truly is different from the rest.

to give an example...last fall we had Rakudai which turned into a surprise sleeper hit with many people but due to it's cliche start many people quickly dismissed it and missed out a lot.

why not have them just meet up with a regular talk..or have a formal introduction...or if they have to include conflict instead of fighting each why not have them team up and defeat the enemy on the first try or something and star a bond from that or something..all i am saying is they really need to change the way they introduced the main leads...cause u have to admit...even the best series of this type of genre have nearly the same identical character introduction cliche.
Larkan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah don't really know why they have to start the series with a confrontation like that, but this show has its own unique aspect.

Wonder how the adaption will go normally shows like this tend to be rather rushed.
Aeonmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
If u had read the manga/LN then you would know that spoiler[the queen aint the main heroine]
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Aeonmaster wrote:
If u had read the manga/LN then you would know that spoiler[the queen aint the main heroine]

I don't think you need to be familiar with either of those. Just from the blurb at the bottom of the article, I would guess Emil Crossford to be the main heroine.

Of course, if I'm completely wrong and that isn't the case, please correct me Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1