• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Complete Haruhi Suzumiya Soundtrack Announced With Teaser for More in 2016

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
> "We're planning to do lots of other stuff as the SOS Brigade this year, so make sure to check for updates!"

Oh I am definitely looking forward to that part although I doubt a new season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
glad Hirano is back working with KyoAni (they obviously had some involvement with this coming into existance). A season 3 would be great but probably won't happen
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
I am very sure that it will finally be a 3rd season.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Is a 3rd season possible? How much of the LN did they cover? I sure hope a 3rd season will be made. Though season 2 was a lil drag with the endles eight lol.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
God, I remember when Haruhi was the biggest deal way back in 2006. I was super excited about buying the DVDs (got two or three of those snazzy collector's editions) back in middle school, and got super caught up in the hype of the time.

It's hard to believe that it was so long ago. I feel so old!
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Also, as much as I want a third season? Not totally sure I want one with KyoAni's current output... although I heard Sound Euphonium was pretty legit.

Last edited by Apollo-kun on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
glad Hirano is back working with KyoAni (they obviously had some involvement with this coming into existance). A season 3 would be great but probably won't happen

Lantis posted this video (and created it) along with planning this soundtrack release. They were the ones who worked with Hirano. Kyoto Animation, despite the ungodly amount of influence and materials people in the West think they have, had nothing to do with this beyond being contracted to draw the cover art for the set.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Does this mean Japanese otaku no longer want to murder Aya Hirano?

TheMorry wrote:
Is a 3rd season possible? How much of the LN did they cover? I sure hope a 3rd season will be made.

There is enough source material to do 2 more seasons. I doubt a third season will be made. And even if it is made, KyoAni will probably not be involved, which is a shame.
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Is a 3rd season possible? How much of the LN did they cover?

The anime, including the movie, covered about half of what was in the novels, maybe a bit less.
There is definitely enough content for more anime, either TV or movies.

I do not know if there is still enough interest in the franchise in Japan. I hope that there is because I would definitely like to see more. There is a lot in the novels that could make some great anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Don Perron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
Please don't play with my heart like that, when I see the words "Haruhi" with "more" and "2016" I almost had a heart attack... Why they keep investing in Haruhi even if they do not have the intention to make an S3? That's hurt...
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Does this mean Japanese otaku no longer want to murder Aya Hirano?

It means that people in Japan are people as well and tend to not want to murder people.

Taking your poor use of humor somewhat seriously, there was never much of any revolt against Hirano in general. She wanted to focus on non-anime pursuits and went towards that while ignorant Western fans decided to blame the otaku since they're an "other" group that wouldn't respond back.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
^
I was going to use the word hate instead of murder, but then I remembered the story about a crazy Japanese fan who wanted to kill Aya Hirano.

Sorry for offending your beloved Japanese people.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
People are harsh on KyoAni's recent stuff. Euphonium was amazing tho. But yeah...after Nagato Yuki went to another company, I lost all hope for a KyoAni S3...which would be amazing at least for consistency reasons.

That price isn't bad for how many songs the franchise has
checarlos87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
D-don't play with my feelings like this!

Everything from Snowy Mountain Syndrome all the way to the end of The Surprise of Suzumiya Haruhi is one single overarching story. While reading the end to Surprise, I imagined what it would all look like if it had at least the level of care and dedication KyoAni's Disappearance movie had... and I can just imagine one heck of an amazing movie.

On one side, I can appreciate that there is a lot of material from the light novels that hasn't been presented yet and that it could make for a lot of anime content. But at the same time, I can see that precisely as a reason why it might never get made into anime: there's just so much material that, unless there is huge support, it is hard to believe a company will take it all on.

...but I can hope.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy with this announcement.

I mean, I have the CD singles from Bandai Entertainment's deluxe releases of the 1st season and that 2-track CD with just the opening and closing from the second season, but a compilation CD with all the themes (including the movie's ending theme, which I don't have) would definitely be convenient for those of us physical media diehards who still would rather listen to music on Compact Disc at least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4