• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Silent Voice Film Ships on BD/DVD in N. America on April 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The release will be available in a Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack, on DVD, and as a digital download.

And that's it? Barebone release without Collector's Edition or any trinkets whatsoever?
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Quote:
The release will be available in a Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack, on DVD, and as a digital download.

And that's it? Barebone release without Collector's Edition or any trinkets whatsoever?

The fact that it took this long to be released at all is something to be happy about so I don't care about no frills. It took an excruciatingly long time....
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:
Quote:

The fact that it took this long to be released at all is something to be happy about so I don't care about no frills. It took an excruciatingly long time....

I think you misspoke there a bit. That it took this long is absolutely not something to be happy about. It's ridiculous that it took this long. I'm pretty sure you meant that we should be happy it's releasing at all at this point.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:47 am Reply with quote
I didn’t really like their twitter reveal. Like “We’ve been listening to your requests!” as if blu ray releases aren’t the norm, and they are doing us a huge favor releasing it a year and a half after it was released in the UK. Whatever, I’ll be keeping my UK import, sorry Shout factory.

Edit: Crunchyroll News is reporting that the Bluray will include a digital copy, but I'm not seeing confirmation of that elsewhere (not to mention I don't really care for their DRM-free service they usually are associated with. I much prefer Ultraviolet/Movies Anywhere). Not to mention no collector's edition is really insulting. I hope they at least will stream it somewhere like Netflix (they already do that with In This Corner of the World so it's possible).
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
So excited! This will be out just in time for my birthday. <3
I'm getting to see it on Thursday night, but I already know I'm going to love the movie so can't wait to get a physical copy for my collection.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I've been wanting to see this movie forever and it's ridiculous it took them this long to release it. I understand there was a rights issue at stake but they gave us practically zero updates about the film and now they're just giving a barebones release. At least Funimation put out a nice LE of Your Name after the long wait for that film.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Quote:

Shout! Factory is handling the general retail releases of Eleven Arts' library. Nozomi is supposed to be responsible for CE variants. This announcement was just from Shout!, so there might be a CE on the way.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:37 pm Reply with quote
They probably have their reasons for having taken so long to release it. Maybe it had something to do with the music in the opening. Or maybe some other weird stuff behind the scenes. Oh well. People have been begging for this to be released, and now it's almost here, so let's celebrate!
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I just attended a screening of this last night. It was wonderful! The fat kid was so cute!!!!!
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:30 pm Reply with quote
YES! YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!
Finally, I'll be able to add it to my collection!
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Finally! The gap it took from when this first premiered to now was too long than it probably should have been, but I’m happy now that I can watch this very soon.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
At least Funimation put out a nice LE of Your Name after the long wait for that film.

Kind of an odd comparison when Your Name only had a "long wait" because it was only released on blu-ray in Japan in July 2017. It kept running in theaters for quite a while, and there's almost never a US blu-ray release until some time has passed after the Japanese one, depending on the negotiations. Four months later (Nov 2017) isn't that long of a wait. A Silent Voice on the other hand...

I'm also disappointed that there seems to be no collector's edition (at least as far as we know). There's supposed to be one for Maquia (same distributor), but I can't find any information on it outside of the original announcement back in October, even though that edition is meant to come out in March. Sad
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:06 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
There's supposed to be one for Maquia (same distributor), but I can't find any information on it outside of the original announcement back in October, even though that edition is meant to come out in March. Sad

I asked about it on Facebook and they said it was delayed. Don't think they've publicly stated it elsewhere...
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
About damn time. Just in time in fact, now that half your audience is probably gone. Rolling Eyes
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
While the old saying "a day late and a dollar short" does come to mind, I do plan to still get this. I downloaded the UK version a while back while waiting for it to release here. I imagine they'll be using that dub for the North American release here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2