• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saudi Arabia's Manga Productions, Toei Preview The Journey Film's Japanese Cast in Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this will play in Yemen. Oh wait, the Saudis are too busy committing genocide there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:41 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I wonder if this will play in Yemen. Oh wait, the Saudis are too busy committing genocide there.

Indeed, enjoy your blood money, Toei. Have fun being associated with a man who signed off on murdering a journalist.
Matros

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:30 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Indeed, enjoy your blood money, Toei. Have fun being associated with a man who signed off on murdering a journalist.

No one's gonna associate a building with anything. Unless you're naive enough to believe anime fans of all people care about injustices and war crimes, their selfish entertainment is more important to them. Besides a bunch of anime studios have done shadier deals and yet no one cares.
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:29 pm Reply with quote
you gotta be fuckin kidding me with this crap. Anything associated with SA is evil.
taishou*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:40 am Reply with quote
Saudi Arabia is big into this sort of "soft power" stuff to improve their image. That's all this is: image.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:55 am Reply with quote
after watching the trailer Its little bit jarring/weird when hearing japanese seiyuu in set of realistic ancient middle east ( i know Arslan or Altair had similar vibe setting but this one is little bit real ) said some word like Mecca or sort islamic and arabic word, i wonder if its get english dub version they will go to a similar approach like animation movie Bilal : A new Breed of hero
Kaorichama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

No one's gonna associate a building with anything. Unless you're naive enough to believe anime fans of all people care about injustices and war crimes, their selfish entertainment is more important to them. Besides a bunch of anime studios have done shadier deals and yet no one cares.

Indeed. One of the best examples being the scandal surrounding casting couch at Sunrise animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-06-17/voice-actress-yurina-hase-shares-her-experience-with-casting-couch-at-sunrise/.160702
Weebs don't care about people being killed as long as they get their anime made.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Kaorichama wrote:
Weebs don't care about people being killed as long as they get their anime made.

Not really specific towards anime fans. People still shop at Walmart, buy smartphones and diamond jewelry, and support all kinds of companies and businesses that do things like this. Most people don't care about things that don't affect them, though.
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:04 pm Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
Kaorichama wrote:

Not really specific towards anime fans. People still shop at Walmart, buy smartphones and diamond jewelry, and support all kinds of companies and businesses that do things like this. Most people don't care about things that don't affect them, though.

Exactly! The less mainstream something is the more people want to attack it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1