• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DramaQueen Plans to Ship 2008 Boys-Love License Junk

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote
Wow, it's great to see a company that's actually coming BACK. What a pleasant surprise!
poonk

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:32 am Reply with quote
Ahh! I wanted both of these but had pretty much given up hope for DramaQueen.

*pauses to order them both*

I don't care if I have to order directly from them and pay a few bucks for S&H; it'd be worth it to see them get back on their feet because they always seemed to license titles from mangaka that no one else did, such as Yuzuha Ougi, Minase Masara, Akira Honma, and Sakurai Shushushu (mangaka for both Junk! and Missing Road). Not to mentioned their books were always very high quality-- hopefully that didn't change during their hiatus.

I'm really, really interested to know what that "unreleased past license" is because it seems like we may actually have a chance of seeing it now. Chances are very high that it's something I was looking forward to way back when, because I remember having quite a lot of upcoming DQ releases in my Amazon Wishlist go directly from "Preorder" to "Unavailable."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote
It's so awesome to see DQ's return! I remember when it closed; it was a rather depressing moment for English language releases of BL manga. Like poonk said, DQ always licensed the often ignored manga-ka and the quality of their releases was always very high.
escahime65

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I hope this is just the beginning of their comeback. I've always loved their releases. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1