• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds Samurai Troopers, Bokurano, Comic Party, 3rd Lupin III TV Special

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
Dammit, Discotek, do you have any idea how hard it is for us mere humans to handle these levels of awesome? Especially on such a routine basis?
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:39 am Reply with quote
Discotek said that they could release Ronin Warriors as a separate collection once some issues are cleared on it:

Quote:
This will be the original version only. If and when we release Ronin Warriors, it will be a separate collection. There are some issues that need to be cleared on the dub.

https://www.facebook.com/147168055312297/photos/a.196378827057886.55668.147168055312297/919854214710340/?type=1&theater
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote
Bokurano and YST! Very Happy I'm definitely pre-ordering Bokurano at least!

I shall have to celebrate this by listening to Uninstall.

Last edited by Crisha on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote
It's too bad Discotek didn't do the double-sided disc thing with YST/RW, but it's been said that Bandai Ent's release was pretty fragile because of that. I know I have a few scratches on mine that make it skip a tad here and there. Maybe I'll look into grabbing the YST set.

YST/RW is essentially the show that started my anime fandom lo those many years ago (when it was in syndication, well before it was ever on CN), so this is pretty neat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
Man, I kind of wish I had nostalgia for Ronin Warriors, I didn't get cable until after it aired I believe. I've seen some random eps, but I know it would be superior with nostalgia.

Oh my, so much to do! I really need to read my Bokurano manga now, which I only got because I assumed the anime would never get licensed. I was going to wait until I got the last volume this month to determine if I'd still want to buy the anime (I've seen it before, but I'm not a fan of owning both the anime and manga of something unless they are significantly different, like for Cromartie High or Planetes. Or I guess if I adored it beyond belief, but everything I do seems to be anime or manga only)
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
How is Discotek so consistently awesome? Can't wait to see Bakurano released even if I don't pick it up right away.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Wow, I was not expecting Bokurano from Discotek. But then again, I didn't expect them to get Lovely Complex either. Anyways, glad it's coming here.

Viz should release an uncensored omnibus version of the manga to complement this.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Viz Media describes the manga's story (the anime has several key differences from the manga):

One summer, 15 kids innocently wander into a nearby seaside cave. There they meet a strange man who invites them to play an exciting new video game. Sounds like fun, right? This game, he explains, pits a lone giant robot against a horde of alien invaders. All they have to do is sign a simple little contract. The game stops being fun when the kids find out the true purpose of their deadly pact.

While there are differences, this description is still pretty accurate.

Also, this is the best news I've seen in awhile for anime release in US. Loving Discotek more each announcement... I just hope they do a good job. I've watched Bokurano at least 3 times now. It's still amazing
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
Still no season 2 of the lupin tv series? Even a few episodes or like a half season would be appreciated V_V. You got me hooked on it now DELIVAR!
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
I'll be picking up the Samurai Troopers series and OVAs. Hoping they get the English dub of Ronin Warriors.

Now they just need to license Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force Very Happy
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
Van: Cagliostro's more important for DT right now.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, Bokurano and Comic Party good times. The one day release of Da Capo no longer seems a fantasy.
E-Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
With the license of Napoleon's Dictionary that only leaves the 1992 TV special to be the only remaining 90's Lupin title to be unlicensed in the US. But I'm sure Discotek will get around to that or any other Lupin titles.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:38 am Reply with quote
I've only ever been tangentially exposed to Samurai Troopers, catching a few episodes and missing the rest due to circumstances, but I know a lot of other people grew up with it. My closest equivalent would be Saint Seiya, curiously enough.

That said, what I'm really interested in is Bokurano. No, it's not exactly like the manga and so on, but the anime is still pretty good in its own right. I was wondering if nobody would ever release that.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
E-Master: If they bring the '92 one over, they'll have to change the title, 'cus MGM's sue-happy enough over Bond parodies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3