• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ushio & Tora Creator Kazuhiro Fujita to Launch Horror Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. I wonder if it will be a long running one as well although I highly doubt 300+ chapters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:20 am Reply with quote
As much as I adore this sensei, I get the feeling that if he writes for Sunday, the quality will always be so-so or good at best...

Good luck, nevertheless, Fujita-sensei!
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who finds it weird that they are able to make freaky scary movies in Japan but find not a single horror manga I've read to be the least bit unnerving? They were entertaining in their own way but 'horror' is not a fitting description.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:41 am Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
They were entertaining in their own way but 'horror' is not a fitting description.

What have you read? Stuff like 3x3 Eyes, Ushio and Tora, and even Inuyasha to an extent may incorporate a few horror elements, but are really action/adventure/fighting series at heart. Junji Ito and Kazuo Umezu are a couple of names I hear in connection with more creepy/disturbing horror manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1