Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamen Rider W Tokusatsu Show Gets Sequel Project




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
theNightster



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 1290
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:16 am Reply with quote
my second favorite Kamen rider getting a sequel? nice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Actar



Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 1073
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:17 am Reply with quote
It's going to be a stage play, isn't it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AmuroNT1



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 94
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:04 am Reply with quote
(Sin-counting intensifies)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MyrmidonMamori



Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
The teaser image is illustrated, so it might be a manga.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OmegaE50



Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
mamori_auros wrote:
The teaser image is illustrated, so it might be a manga.
it could be sense both actors have said they don't wish to reply there characters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Araki



Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 357
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
OmegaE50 wrote:
mamori_auros wrote:
The teaser image is illustrated, so it might be a manga.
it could be sense both actors have said they don't wish to reply there characters


Also, series head writer Riku Sanjo has experience writing manga (Dai no Daibouken, Beet)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessa



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 4434
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
I'm stoked, whatever this is. I've got the novel sitting on my shelf (despite being unable to read it), and from what I've been told, W's novel was leagues better than any of the other novels that came out (mainly because they didn't try to rewrite the story).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
AmuroNT1



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 94
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:45 am Reply with quote
OmegaE50 wrote:
mamori_auros wrote:
The teaser image is illustrated, so it might be a manga.
it could be sense both actors have said they don't wish to reply there characters


I'd love to see a quote source on that, since Renn Kiriyama has reprised his role several times, most recently in 2014's "Heisei vs. Showa: Kamen Rider Wars", while Minehiro Kinomoto (who played the secondary Rider, Accel) came back in 2016's "Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Chaser".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OmegaE50



Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:02 am Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
OmegaE50 wrote:
mamori_auros wrote:
The teaser image is illustrated, so it might be a manga.
it could be sense both actors have said they don't wish to reply there characters


I'd love to see a quote source on that, since Renn Kiriyama has reprised his role several times, most recently in 2014's "Heisei vs. Showa: Kamen Rider Wars", while Minehiro Kinomoto (who played the secondary Rider, Accel) came back in 2016's "Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Chaser".
Though i can't quote you on kiriyama san I do remember reading him saying in a interview around the time the heisei and showa movie come out that he wasn't 100% sure he would do it again It really depends on what projects he's doing at the time As far as I know he's doing some stage plays right now But I do know for a fact that Masaki Suda The actor for Philip said after he did the fourze/ooo/w movie That was his last time playing the role plus he a very High and demand actor right now With a ton of movie and tv shos he's doing So there is a very slim chance of him reprising that role also The only reason Kinomoto san Did that movie was because his Kōhai Ryoma Takeuchi who plays drive and is a fan of w Suggested to the director that he be in it and the director ask Kinomoto san and the right is history
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HeeroTX



Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 2046
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
The fact that this particular Kamen Rider show keeps re-appearing is proof of the power of fujoshi fandom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AmuroNT1



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 94
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
The fact that this particular Kamen Rider show keeps re-appearing is proof of the power of fujoshi fandom.


Um...no. Not at all.

Double is popular because it was a well-made series in all regards. Well written, well acted, memorable characters, excellent hero and monster designs, fantastic action. The minor niche yaoi fandom had next to nothing to do with its staying power.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MagusGuardian



Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 582
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
whatever comes be it a novel, a manga or a short series I'm grinning from ear to ear, Kamen Rider W was my re introduction into kamen rider ever since I saw saban's masked rider years ago and to see that it's getting a sequel has me feeling really happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Mello



Joined: 31 May 2004
Posts: 2088
Location: Unlocked
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:13 pm Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
(Sin-counting intensifies)

<like>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlueAlf



Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 999
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
Double is popular because it was a well-made series in all regards. Well written, well acted, memorable characters, excellent hero and monster designs, fantastic action. The minor niche yaoi fandom had next to nothing to do with its staying power.


Not that I disagree, but I'm honestly surprised someone else sees Double this way. Personally, I think it still fell a bit short from my expectations. I really liked it though, so I'm happy with this news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group