Haikyu!! Volleyball Anime's Ad Introduces Cast
posted on by Egan Loo
The commercial introduces the main cast members:
- Ayumu Murase as Shōyō Hinata
- Kaito Ishikawa as Tobio Kageyama
- Miyu Irino as Kōshi Sugawara
- Satoshi Hino as Daichi Sawamura
- Yuu Hayashi as Ryūnosuke Tanaka
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Asahi Azumane
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Yū Nishinoya
- Sōma Saitō as Tadashi Yamaguchi
- Kōki Uchiyama as Kei Tsukishima
The story of the original manga follows Shōyō Hinata, who began playing volleyball after seeing an inspirational player nicknamed the "Small Giant" when he was in elementary school. Hinata suffers a crushing defeat in his first and last tournament in middle school at the hands of his rival Tobio Kageyama. So, Hinata joins Kurasuno High School's volleyball team, vowing revenge against Kageyama.
However, Kageyama is also on Kurasuno's team. The former rivals form a legendary combo with Hinata's mobility and Kageyama's precision ball-handling. Together, they take on the local tournaments and vow to meet Kurasuno's fated rival school in the nationals.
The staff includes:
- Director: Susumu Mitsunaka
- Series Composition: Taku Kishimoto
- Script: Taku Kishimoto
- Original creator: Haruichi Furudate
- Character Design: Takahiro Kishida
- Chief Animation Director: Takahiro Chiba
- Sound Director: Hiromi Kikuta (Rakuonsha)
Furudate first published a one-shot version of the manga in the Winter 2011 issue of Shueisha's Shonen Jump Next! magazine, and then ran another one-shot in the main Weekly Shonen Jump magazine later that year. In the following year, he launched the series version of the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump. Haikyu!! received a crossover story with Naoshi Komi's Nisekoi, another Weekly Shonen Jump manga that is inspiring a television anime.
Production I.G's Haikyu!! anime will premiere on MBS, TBS and their affiliates throughout Japan in April. A giant billboard for the anime will go on display inside Shinjuku Station for one week, starting Monday.
[Embedded video via Vito Plahuta]
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history