Gakuen Babysitters Anime Reveals Additional Cast
posted on by Bayleigh Baker
This year's December issue of Hakusensha's LaLa magazine announced additional cast members of the television anime adaptation of Hari Tokeino's Gakuen Babysitters manga on Tuesday. The issue also revealed a key visual, and revealed that Ruka Kawada (Is the order a rabbit?, Kiss Him, Not Me) is composing the show's music.
The additional cast includes:
- Tomoaki Maeno as Yoshihito Usaida
- Daisuke Ono as Keigo Saikawa
- Tomoko Miyadera as Yōko Morinomiya
- Ayaka Saito as Takuma Mamizuka
- Atsumi Tanezaki as Kazuma Mamizuka
- Konomi Kohara as Kirin Kumatsuka
- Kaede Hondo as Midori Sawatari
Previously announced cast members include:
- Kōtarō Nishiyama as Ryūichi Kashima
- Nozomi Furuki as Kotarō Kashima
- Yuichiro Umehara as Hayato Kamitani
- Yuko Sanpei as Taka Kamitani
Shūsei Morishita is directing the anime at animation studio Brains Base. Yuuko Kakihara (Chihayafuru 2, Orange) is handling series composition, Satoshi Motoyama (Aho Girl, Skip Beat!) is serving as sound director, and Mina Ōsawa (sub-character designer/chief animation director on Kiss Him, Not Me) is designing the characters.
The manga centers on the brothers Ryūichi and Kotarō Kashima. Ryūichi is in high school and Kotarō is still a toddler. After their parents are killed in a plane crash, the two brothers find themselves living with the chairwoman of the Morinomiya Academy, who herself lost her son and daughter-in-law in the same accident. The chairwoman, however, has one stipulation for the brothers in order to live with her: Ryūichi has to work at the academy's daycare center as a babysitter.
The manga will get a special chapter in LaLa DX magazine's next issue on December 9. Tokeino launched the series in LaLa in 2009, and Hakusensha published the 15th compiled volume on October 5.