Noblesse Manhwa Gets Smartphone Game
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for the Crunchyroll Original anime of Jeho Son and Kwangsu Lee's Noblesse manhwa confirmed on Tuesday that the manhwa is getting a smartphone role-playing game titled Noblesse: Zero for iOS and Android. Pre-registration is available now and offers in-game rewards.
The anime's website also began streaming a promotional video for the anime featuring Kim Jae-joong's opening theme song "BREAKING DAWN." (Note: the video is region-locked to Japan.)
Crunchyroll describes the anime's story:
Raizel awakens from his 820-year slumber.
He holds the special title of Noblesse, a pure-blooded Noble and protector of all other Nobles. In an attempt to protect Raizel, his servant Frankenstein enrolls him at Ye Ran High School, where Raizel learns the simple and quotidian routines of the human world through his classmates.
However, the Union, a secret society plotting to take over the world, dispatches modified humans and gradually encroaches on Raizel's life, causing him to wield his mighty power to protect those around him…
After 820 years of intrigue, the secrets behind his slumber are finally revealed, and Raizel's absolute protection as the Noblesse begins!
The previously announced cast members include:
- Akihisa Wakayama as Regis K. Landegre
- Ai Kayano as Seira J. Loyard
- Masatomo Nakazawa as Tao
- Takeo Ōtsuka as Takeo
- Tarusuke Shingaki as Cadis Etrama di Raizel
- Daisuke Hirakawa as Frankenstein
- Kosuke Onishi as M-21
- Ryōta Iwasaki as Yusuke Tashiro
- Yōhei Hamada as Manabu Kase
- Jun Kasama as Kranz
- Katsumi Fukuhara as Shark
- Hiroki Yamada as Hammer
Yasutaka Yamamoto (Hinomaru Sumo, Squid Girl Season 2) is directing the anime as a co-production between Crunchyroll and WEBTOON. Sayaka Harada (STARMYU, Code:Realize -Guardian of Rebirth-) is in charge of series scripts. Akiharu Ishii (The Prince of Tennis II, Blood+) is serving as character designer and chief animation director.
The other staff members include:
- Art Directors: Akio Shimada (Studio Pablo), Takanori Tanaka
- Assistant Art Director: Yoshiki Matsumura (Studio Pablo)
- Prop Design: Taiyō Yoshida
- 3D: I.G3D
- 3D Director: Shiguma Morimoto
- Color Design: Kumiko Yusa
- Color Design Assistant: Yumi Kitani
- Photography: Typhoon Graphics
- Director of Photography: Hideki Imaizumi
- Sound: Glovision
- Sound Director: Tōru Kanegae
- Music: Yoshihiro Ike, Shun Narita
- Editing: Tomoki Nagasaka (Jay Film)
Crunchyroll will premiere the anime on October 6 at 9:00 a.m. EDT. The stream will be available in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Oceania, the Middle East, and the CIS. The anime will also debut in Japan on the Tokyo MX channel at 24:00 on October 7 (effectively October 8 at 12:00 a.m.) and on BS11 at 25:30 (effectively October 8 at 1:30 a.m.).
WEBTOONS started publishing the manhwa in English in July 2014, and published the epilogue in January 2019. WEBTOONS also published a spinoff title Noblesse: Rai's Adventure in 2016. Crunchyroll previously announced that Jeho Son and Kwangsu Lee are "preparing another story and an extension."