Pied Piper, Inc. Announces Time of Eve: Another Act Light Novel Pre-Sales and Time of Eve: The Movie Blu-Ray Sales
San Francisco, CA (October 31, 2014) – Time of EVE distributor Pied Piper, Inc. today announced exclusive pre-sales with Special Thanks credit for Time of EVE: Another Act, the light novel based on Yasuhiro Yoshiura's AI masterpiece Time of EVE (イヴの時間). Pre-sales with Special Thanks Credit in the book through November 7 (Fri) 2014 11:59PM EST only. The book release is set for January 2014.
Today also marks the online sales launch for Time of EVE: The Movie Blu-ray Standard and Deluxe Editions on timeofeve-shop.com and Rightstuf.
Time of EVE: Another Act $14.95 pre-sales
Time of EVE: The Movie Deluxe Edition $59.95
Time of EVE: The Movie Standard Edition $34.95
The light novel publication and Blu-ray releases ride on the momentum created from the spectacular 1000% funded 2013 Kickstarter campaign that raised $215,000+ from over 2,700 international backers for the International Blu-ray release of Time of EVE: The Movie.
Throughout the 18-month production process, backers collaborated with Pied Piper, Inc. and the Japanese licensors DIRECTIONS and Studio Rikka to perfect the Blu-ray release.
The Kickstarter campaign released a torrent of good will from partners in Japan, resulting in a Blu-ray loaded with extras, described by authoring house Justin Sevakis as “…easily the most complicated disc I've ever authored, and possibly the most complicated Blu-ray I've ever seen that didn't come from a major studio. The main feature has 20 subtitle tracks. The total file count for every disc asset is a bit over 48,000... it's quite an undertaking and they've done an amazing job."
• Time of EVE: The Movie (106 min) original Japanese audio and English dub by NYAV Post/Michael Sinterniklaas
• Pale Cocoon (21 min) and "Aquatic Language" (9 min) short films by Yasuhiro Yoshiura
• 7 bonus videos - interviews (Jun Fukuyama/Rikuo, Rie Tanaka/Sammy, Rina Sato/Nagi, Kenji Nojima/Masaki, and director Yasuhiro Yoshiura), Behind the Scenes, Opening Day
• Audio Commentary with director Yasuhiro Yoshiura, Rina Sato/Nagi and Kenji Nojima/Masaki
• Art Gallery featuring on-screen text with detailed subtitles
• Full subtitles in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish (neutral), Portuguese-BR, Chinese (traditional) and Russian. Hebrew subtitles for movie and short films
• 1080p, LPCM Stereo, 1 side-2 layers, MPEG-4 AVC, region free
• 33 tracks, including Kalafina's "I have a dream"
Bonus Book (English only):
• 56 pages
• Interview with director Yasuhiro Yoshiura and producer Tom Nagae
• Original short story "act 0.5" by director Yasuhiro Yoshiura, translated by Tony Gonzalez
• Orignal sketches and illustration by character designer Ryusuke Chayama
• Liner notes for soundtrack, including lyrics for "I have a dream" and "Time of Tenderness" and essays by director Yasuhiro Yoshiura and composer Tohru Okada
The future, probably Japan.
Robots have long been put into practical use, and androids have just come into use.
Influenced by the Robot Ethics Committee, it's become common sense for people to treat androids like household appliances. Their appearance - indistinguishable from humans except for the ring over each android's head – has lead some people to empathize unnecessarily with androids. Known as “android-holics,” such people have become a social problem.
Rikuo (Jun Fukuyama), a high school student, has been taught from childhood that androids are not to be viewed as humans, and has always used them as convenient tools. One day Rikuo discovers some strange data in the behavior records of his family's household android.
Rikuo and his friend Masaki (Kenji Nojima) trace Sammy's (Rie Tanaka) movements, only to discover a mysterious café that features a house rule that “humans and robots are to be treated the same” . . .
Cast and Staff
English dub director: Michael Sinterniklaas/NYAV Post
Rikuo : Jun Fukuyama/Yuri Lowenthal
Masaki: Kenji Nojima/Michael Sinterniklaas
Sammy: Rie Tanaka/Elizabeth Boyle
Nagi: Rina Sato/Stephanie Sheh
Akiko: Yukana/Cassandra Lee Morris
Koji: Michio Nakao/Derek Stephen Prince
Rina: Miki Ito/Lisa Ortiz
Shimei: Motomu Kiyokawa/George S. Cole
Chie: Miyuki Sawashiro/Alice A. Johnson
Setoro: Tomokazu Sugita/Patrick Seitz
Naoko: Yuko Mizutani/Molly Kay
Dr. Ashimori: Yuriko Yamaguchi/Cindy Robinson
THX: Mitsuki Saiga/Casey Mongillo
Katoran: Unsho Ishizuka/Sean Schemmel
Story, Script, Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Character Design, Key Animation Supervisor: Ryusuke Chayama
Assistant Directors: Nobuyuki Ando, Shuichi Akui
3D Modeling Assistance: Osamu Ono, Yasufumi Matsumoto
Art Direction Assistance: Kodama, Kazuhiro Hotchi
Color Design: Akiko Inoue
Key Animation Check: Kumiko Ohtani
Animation Assistance: Code
Painting Assistance: Wish
Music: Tohru Okada
Sound Effects: Kazumi Ohkubo
Sound Mixing: Masashi Furuya
Production Supervisors: Yuya Maie, Yuji Abe
Producer: Tom Nagae
Animation Production: Studio RIKKA
Production: Directions, Inc.
About Pied Piper Inc.
Pied Piper, Inc. was established in 2011 and works closely with DIRECTIONS, Inc. to distribute media properties to international markets. In May-June 2013, Pied Piper, Inc. partnered with DIRECTIONS, Inc. and Yasuhiro Yoshiura's Studio Rikka to launch a Kickstarter campaign to fund the international Blu-ray release of Time of EVE: The Movie.