- The Problem with "Manga Fairs" in Spain ()
- The SPJA Needs to Change Its Youth Protection Policy ()
- There's a Pervert Impersonating ANN Staff ()
- Shirobako and the Struggle ()
- Why ANN Is Against SOPA/PIPA ()
- Funico - What Does it Mean? ()
- Welcome to Anime News Network UK ()
- How Bill 156 Got Passed ()
- Letter from the Editor: A look at the (near) Future - Interim 1.0 ()
- Letter from the Editor ()
- Bandai Entertainment Responds to ANNCast Comments ()
- Funimation Comments on Streaming Metrics in Crunchyroll Press Release ()
- Commentaries on Handley's Sentencing for Obscene Manga ()
- What's Happening with ADV Films ()
- 2008 Australian Anime Roundup ()
- 20 Years in Prison for Buying a Manga ()
- New media, new horizons, and a new video player ()
- Congratulations, Claude Pelletier ()
- From the TOKYOPOP Pilot Program Team, Paul Morrissey & Hope Donovan ()
- Open Letter from GDH International's Arthur Smith ()
- An Open Letter to the Industry ()
- Seven Seas' Nymphet Letter 2 ()
- What? Pikachu Sounds Like a Prostitute, Lynch Pokemon USA! ()
- Dear Edmonton Journal ()
- Reading Between the Lines ()
- Anime Localization ()
- Thank You, ADV ()
- Conventions: The Older Otaku's Lament ()
- ANN's 5th Birthday ()
- Unethical Fansubbing - Followup ()
- Unethical Fansubbers ()
- BitTorrent - The future of fansubs? ()
- Journalistic Integrity ()
- Happy Birthday Astro ()
- That was fun ()
- Cleavage is bad? ()
- Health Check ()
- Manga versus Newtype ()
- /. Effect ()
- Happy Anniversary, Encyclopedia! ()
- Is it Anime? ()
- 90% Authentic Manga? ()
- Enter the Encyclopedia ()
- A letter from the editor ()
- Silly Otaku, Cartoons are for Kids ()
- Mainstream Press Misses the Point? ()
- Love And Peace ()
- Thank You ()
- I'll Never Buy a Bandai Release Again! ()
- Happy Second Impact! ()
- Escaflowne on Fox ()
- Mini-EDITORIAL: AX Final Thoughts ()
- OPINION: CardCaptors Analysis ()
- The Next Anime Butchery ()
- Is It Manga? ()
- Anime Fandom at Odds with Anime in the Mainstream ()
- The Next Anime Butchery ()
- Justin Sevakis says Goodbye ()
- Mononoke Day is At Hand! ()
- Sorry 'bout that, EX. ()
- The Lowdown on Ruroni Kenshin ()
- Anime in the Mainstream ()
- Fansubs... Our perspective ()
- "Anime For Adults" attitude is harmful ()
- ANN at one year old ()
- Editor's Note - 4/3/99 ()
- An Otaku's Dream: An Anime Cable Channel ()
- Anime and Teen Culture... Uh-oh. ()
- New Years 1999 Letter from the Editor ()
- Why dub-haters are killing anime ()
- Miyazaki's Hope in Mononoke Hime ()
- Anime Village: What Are They Thinking? ()
- The Thin Veneer Known as "Evangelion" ()
- End of Anime: English Dubs ()
- Japanese vs. American Animation ()
This uneven but often charming journey into first love and hot-blooded justice has finally arrived on blu-ray! Nick Creamer has the details on Imaishi's bite-sized creation. ― Hiroyuki Imaishi's name is almost synonymous with the Studio Trigger brand. After providing dynamic key animation and highlights like FLCL's manga sequences early in his career, he became the flagship director for Gainax's last...
150+ photos of Osaka's biggest anime event ― Spring is in the air in Osaka. The plum blossoms are at their peak in Osaka Castle Park, and the cherry blossoms should start blooming next week. And it's time again for Osaka's biggest anime event: the Nippombashi Street Festa. This year was the 14th festival, held in Den Den Town, Osaka's equivalent of the otaku paradise of Akihabara. For those unfamilia...
Many anime couples don't get even get the chance to confess their feelings, much less tie the knot, but at least these lovebirds managed to take the first step together. These are just seven of the best popped questions. ― Hey guys! I missed you over the last two weeks. I was laid up recovering from a minor medical procedure, but it let me both catch up on this season, last season, and marathon 50-s...
As the first novel in this spinoff series to go beyond the anime adaptation, this is recommended reading for transitioning between the two versions. Theron Martin explores this new content. ― With volume 5, the Sword Oratoria novel series mostly passes beyond the end of its anime adaptation, picking up as Loki Familia is returning to the surface from the climactic events of the anime's final episode;...
Andrew Partridge , founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime distribution. ― ANNCast Episode 324 - Scotland Loves Anime Andrew Partridge, founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime di...
Violet Evergarden and The Ancient Magus' Bride make their bids for the top of the heap as the race grows closer in the final weeks of the Winter season. Find out where your favorites rank! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of t...
How long does it actually take for a production team to create a single episode of anime, end-to-end? ― Mark asked: I have a pretty simple question. About how long prior to a show airing does animation production start? So not pre-production meetings or voice acting or anything like that, but the artists sitting down and drawing the whole dang thing. How much of a lead time do these artists need to ...
The magical world of this hit fantasy anime takes inspiration from a rich history of fairytales and folklore. Rebecca Silverman explores the stories behind the many wonders of Elias and Chise's adventures. ― Kore Yamazaki is a dream of a mangaka. That's not just because she writes moving and fascinating stories that combine a slow, deliberate pace with likable and nuanced characters, but also because...
This sequel to the first action game in the franchise from KOEI-TECMO and Omega Force makes significant improvements on its predecessor, but is it worth a purchase? Heidi Kemps has the answers. ― Omega Force's record with anime and manga adaptations is a bit spotty. We've had disappointments like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, but we've also had some real win...
After months of buildup, this fantastical drama has finally delivered a breathtaking climax to Chise's long and difficult journey. We discuss our reactions to this game-changing turn of events. ― After building us up for this moment over twenty-one emotional episodes, The Ancient Magus' Bride has finally delivered a breathtaking climax to Chise's long and difficult journey. This week in anime, Nick a...
It's a bursting pipe of Nintendo news, plus Dark Souls Amiibo, Broly arrives in Dragon Ball Fighterz, plus an interview with Viz Media's Eric Eberhardt on their indie games publishing initiative! ― Sorry folks, no time for a witty intro sequence, we got a whole bucketful of news to get to from Nintendo Direct! Oh BABY. Let's start with the big stuff first: SMASH BROS IS HEADED TO SWITCH Well, what do...
After almost four years adrift on the tides, the boys of eternal summer are back with new adventures in advance of Free! season three this summer. Jacob Chapman dives into this theatrical continuation. ― You know that sequence of heartwarming, lightly comedic images that flashed by during the credits of Free! Eternal Summer's final episode? We saw Makoto and Haruka studying together in college, Nagis...