Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes Anime to Premiere in September
posted on by Egan Loo
The broadcaster Nagoya TV confirmed on its website that Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes, the latest television anime series inspired by Bandai's Battle Spirits card game, will premiere in Japan on Sunday, September 9 at 7:00 a.m.
The story is set 14 years after Atlantia, the largest country in the world of Legendia, was torn apart by riots. The protagonist Tsurugi Tatewaki was secreted away from the chaos at a young age. Oblivious to his true birthplace, Tsurugi grows up as a spirited boy in the neighboring rocky land of Pacifis.
One day, Tsurugi suddenly comes across the "Shining Sword," and his great adventure begins. An army of darkness is hunting down the 12 Sword Braves, and as the army pursues Tsurugi, a figure appears before him. Bringer is a Card Battle Droid entrusted with the duty of protecting Tsurugi. Trained by Bringer in the ways of the Battle Spirits combat, Tsurugi joins the other Sword Braves in rising up against the army of darkness with his Key Spirit "Shining Dragon."
The Battle Spirits anime franchise launched with the 50-episode Battle Spirits: Shōnen Toppa Bashin series on September 7, 2008. The anime adapted Bandai's original trading card game, in which cards represent dragons, demons, birds, insects, and other spirits that the players can control in battles. Bandai imported the game to America in 2009.
The Battle Spirits: Shōnen Gekiha Dan follow-up series premiered on September 13, 2009. Battle Spirits: Brave, the third Battle Spirits television anime series, then debuted in Japan in September of 2010. The fourth series, Battle Spirits: Heroes, launched last September.
- Junko Minagawa as Tsurugi
- Yui Horie as Kizakura
- Jun Fukuyama as Hagakure
- Yuuki Ono as Sora
- Daisuke Sakaguchi as Suō
- Shinnosuke Tachibana as Justice Tachibana
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Yaiba
- Sho Hayami as Garudosu
- Michiko Neya as Gurenada
- Hiroshi Yanaka as Gōdi
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Brau
- Akemi Kanda as Amarero
- Daisuke Namikawa as Rirōvu
- Junichi Suwabe as Bringer
- Rikiya Koyama as Narrator
- Planning: Sunrise
- Original Creator: Hajime Yatate
- Director: Masaki Watanabe (Battle Spirits: Heroes)
- Series Script Editor: Atsuhiro Tomioka (Pocket Monsters, Inazuma Eleven)
- Character Design: Tomoshige Inayoshi (My-HiME, [email protected]: XENOGLOSSIA animation director)
- Spirit Design: Susumu Imaishi, Hiroshi Maruyama, Shinya Terashima, Ryō Hirata
- Mechanic Design: Takahiro Yamada
- CG Director: Kiichiro Inoue
- CG Producer: Hideki Shibata
- Music: Eishi Segawa
- Sound Director: Sadayoshi Fujino
- Game Designer: Michael Elliott
- Animation Production: Sunrise
- Production: Mētele, Sunrise, ADK
[Via Moe Ota-News Sokuhō]
Image © Sunrise/Bandai, Mētele
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history