Ace of Diamond Stage Play Video Previews Performance, Theme Song (Updated)
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Pony Canyon began streaming a promotional video on October 30 for the home video release for the filmed performance of the stage play adaptation of Yuji Terajima's Ace of Diamond manga. The video previews some scenes from the filmed performance, reveals the DVD's release date of November 18, and also previews the stage play's theme song "Grateful Story" by [email protected] featuring Masayoshi Ōishi.
The DVD will include a 28-page original booklet, a bromide set, a "making of" video, a "batting center" video, the curtain call collection video, and a round-table discussion video. The DVD will cost 8,800 yen (about US$72).
- Ren Ozawa as Eijun Sawamura (seen right)
- Tomoki Hirose as Satoru Furuya
- Takuma Wada as Kazuya Miyuki
- Taiga Fukizawa as Haruichi Kominato
- Subaru Hayama as Yōichi Kuramochi
- Taizō Shiina as Ryōsuke Kominato
- Ryōsuke Takahashi as Jun Isashiki
- Yūsuke Ueda as Masashi Yūki
- Hiroyoshi Mizunuma as Tōru Masuko
- NAO-G as Kōichirō Tanba
- Airu Shiozaki as Chris Yū Takigawa
- Daichi Nakashima as Keisuke Miyauchi
- Shōhei as Ichirō Sakai
- Yūki Aomine as Norifumi Kawakami
- Ryōichi Wada as Kenjirō Shirasu
- Takurō Sawada as Kenta Maezono
- Yasuhisa Katō as Tesshin Kataoka
- Saki Endō as Rei Takashima
- Keisuke Fujita as Kazuyoshi Ōta
- Ami201 as Kiyokuni Azuma
- Hirotsugu Kurosu as J. Animal M.
- Hisato Izaki as Naoyuki Zaizen
Office ENDLESS produced the play, while voice actor and scriptwriter Shintarō Asanuma (Ace of Diamond's Yōichi Kuramochi, Majestic Prince's Toshikazu Asagi) directed the play and wrote the scripts.
Additionally, this year's 49th issue of Weekly Shōnen Magazine revealed on Wednesday that the manga has over 25 million copies of its compiled book volumes in print. The issue also revealed that Kodansha will publish the first compiled book volume of Terajima's sequel manga, Daiya no A act2, on November 17.
Update: Region-free video added. Thanks, Dennis R.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history