The [email protected] SideM Anime's 2nd Promo Video Introduces Dramatic Stars Group
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for The [email protected] SideM television anime series began streaming the anime's second promotional video on Saturday. The video starts with the members of Dramatic Stars, before introducing other characters. The video also previews the opening theme song "Reason!!" by 315 Stars, the group comprised of all six in-story idol groups from the anime.
The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, Nagoya TV, and BS 11 on October 7 at 23:30, followed by ABC Asahi Broadcasting at 26:29 (effectively October 8 at 2:29 a.m.). Bandai Channel, Animate Channel, and Niconico Live will also stream the series.
A prologue special about the three Jupiter idol unit members will air on Tokyo MX, BS 11, Gunma TV, and Tochigi TV on September 30 at 24:30 (effectively October 1 at 12:30 a.m.). The anime will also air on ABC Asahi Broadcasting and Nagoya TV in a late-night time slot and stream on Niconico Live. Preview screenings will be held in Tokyo from September 23-29.
The television anime series stars:
- Yūma Uchida as former medical surgeon Kaoru Sakuraba
- Shugo Nakamura as former lawyer Teru Tendō
- Taku Yashiro as former pilot Tsubasa Kashiwagi
- Yuichiro Umehara as former convenience store part-time worker Kyōji Takajō
- Shun Horie as former mascot costume wearer Pierre
- Tomohito Takatsuka as former florist Minori Watanabe
- Yoshiki Nakajima as former high school chemistry teacher Jiro Yamashita
- Junya Enoki as former high school English teacher Rui Maita
- Kent Itō as former high school math teacher Michio Hazama
- Yusuke Shirai as Haruna Wakazato, former drummer for a light music club
- Sho Nogami as Shiki Iseya, former vocalist for a light music club
- Takuma Nagatsuka as Jun Fuyumi, former keyboardist for a light music club
- Shōya Chiba as Hayato Akiyama, former guitarist for a light music club
- Hiroshi Watanabe as Natsuki Sakaki, former bassist for a light music club
W (pronounced "Double")
- Takeru Kikuchi as former soccer player and older twin brother Yūsuke Aoi
- Yoshitaka Yamaya as former soccer player and younger twin brother Kyōsuke Aoi
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Shōta Mitarai, formerly an idol with 961 Production
- Takuma Terashima as Tōma Amagase, formerly an idol with 961 Production
- Daichi Kanbara as Hokuto Ijuin, formerly an idol with 961 Production
Other cast members include Kengo Kawanishi as Ken Yamamura and Fumihiko Tachiki as Takashi Saitō.
The anime's main staff are returning from other works in The [email protected] series. Takahiro Harada (The [email protected], The [email protected] Cinderella Girls episode director) and Miyuki Kuroki (The [email protected] Cinderella Girls, Occultic;Nine episode director) are directing the anime at A-1 Pictures. Yuniko Ayana (BanG Dream!, Kinmoza! Kiniro + Mosaic) and Yukie Sugawara (Hina Logi: from Luck & Logic, Overlord) are in charge of series composition. Yuusuke Tanaka (Occultic;Nine, Fractale animation director) and Haruko Iizuka (Tamayura, Little Busters!) are designing the characters. Tanaka and Maho Yoshikawa (Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru, The irregular at magic high school) are serving as chief animation directors. EFFY is composing the music.
The [email protected] SideM game launched in July 2014, and is available for iOS and Android devices, as well as on Mobage and ChromeApps. Like other games in The [email protected] franchise, SideM is built on the concept of "idols you can produce." The app focuses on the male idols at the agency 315 Production (pronounced "Saikō Production" or "Ultimate Production"). The app now has more than one million downloads.