Views - August 2013
- Review: Alice in the Country of Hearts: The Clockmaker's Story GN ()
- Answerman - Talk Like A Man ()
- Review: Majestic Prince 13 - 18 Streaming ()
- ANNCast - Down with the Vic-ness ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Blame! ()
- Review: sole penetra le illusioni ~ Day Break Illusion 1 - 6 Streaming ()
- The X Button - Duck Down ()
- Interview: Masahiko Otsuka and Yoh Yoshinari of Studio Trigger ()
- Review: Dragon Ball Z Dub.DVD - Rock the Dragon Edition ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Gift of the Magi ()
- Review: Silver Spoon Episodes 1 - 6 Streaming ()
- Review: Rozen Maiden – Zurückspulen Episodes 1-6 Streaming ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Yokoyama Watching Diary ()
- Answerman - Macross One, Fans Zero ()
- ANNCast - Super Manga Pals Forever ()
- Review: Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club Episodes 1-6 Streaming ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Special Guest Edition: Cyborg 009 ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2013-08-21 ()
- The X Button - Ultra Violence ()
- Review: Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II Blu-Ray ()
- Pile of Shame - Yagami-kun's Family Affairs ()
- Review: Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine BD+DVD ()
- Review: Tales of Xillia ()
- Astro Toy - Super Action Statue Joseph Joestar ()
- Review: Blue Morning GN 1 ()
- The List - 7 Wonderfully Weird Anime Spin-Offs ()
- Review: Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee GN 14 ()
- ANNCast - Homecoming Kings ()
- Interview: Shinji Takamatsu ()
- Answerman - Tech Specs ()
- Review: Lovely Complex Sub.DVD ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Bride's Story ()
- The X Button - Watch Words ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Hungry Like the Wolfsmund ()
- Review: Appleseed XIII BD+DVD ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Sakura Wars: What Is It Good For? ()
- Review: Dragon Ball [3-in-1 Edition] GN 1 ()
- Review: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic GN 1 ()
- The List - 8 Essential Time-Travelling Heroines ()
- Answerman - Extras Don't Get Any Respect ()
- Review: Valvrave the Liberator eps 7-12 ()
- Review: Muromi-san Episodes 1-13 Streaming ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2013-08-07 ()
- The X Button - Remaster List ()
- Pile of Shame - Moshidora ()
- Review: Dragon's Crown ()
- Astro Toy - Nendoroid Mikudayo ()
- Review: Bleach DVD Set 16 ()
- Review: Doubt GN 1 ()
- The List - 7 Wonders of the Anime World ()
- Review: Crimson Empire: Circumstances to Serve a Noble GN 1 ()
- Answerman - Digital Deficits ()
- Review: Leviathan: The Last Defense Episodes 1-13 Streaming ()
- Review: Arata The Legend ()
Our correspondent saw the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie during its world premiere at Anime NYC this weekend - here's her full report, plus comments from the director! ― The live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie, directed by Fumihiko Sori, made its world premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival on October 25 and will open in Japan on December 1. Luckily for us, the movie made a specia...
Gabriella revisits the anime adaptation of this hit JRPG to see if it's worth watching on its own merits, while Paul runs down all this week's new releases along with a new king-sized Shelf Obsessed! ― Since in-game purchases seem to be a hot topic in the video game world these days, I figured I'd offer up a potentially obvious piece of advice as someone who's bought and collected all kinds of junk ...
Erina's evolution comes to a head as Soma battles Tsukasa in this exciting volume. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Ever since Erina's father Azami Nakiri returned to Totsuki in an orchestrated semi-hostile takeover, the school has been in an uproar. Not only is he trying to remake Japan's culinary world in his own image, but he's also dedicated himself to stamping out what he sees as unnecessary...
The complete manga that inspired the award-winning film is finally available in English. Rose Bridges compares this edition to its adaptation and as a work of historical fiction on its own. ― When I saw the film version of In This Corner of the World at Otakon this year, I was impressed and thrilled, but also struck by its odd plot structure. Nearly all of the film's driving narrative is in the third...
All of the news headlines from this weekend's Anime NYC event in New York City, plus our cosplay galleries and plenty of photos from around the convention floor! ― November 17-19, 2017, New York City Cosplay Galleries Cosplay Gallery Day I Cosplay Gallery Day II Photos From Around The Convention Floor Day One Headlines Viz Media Licenses Mazinger Z Infinity Film Viz Media Licenses That Blue Sky Feel...
With Legend of the Galactic Heroes finally available streaming, it's time to dive into the incredible, sprawling and legendary world of 1980s space opera anime! ― After decades in relative obscurity in the west, HIDIVE began streaming Legend of the Galactic Heroes, a 110-episode OVA space epic that started in 1988. The series languished on shared fansubs for nearly 30 years, likely in part to its gi...
The novel that inspired this season's zodiac-themed battle royale proves that the book isn't always a richer experience than the adaptation. Lynzee Loveridge examines this paper-thin story. ― As an anime fan, it's hard to ignore the works of NisiOisin. The anime adaptation of his Monogatari novels is renowned for the symbiotic relationship between studio Shaft's art style and the author's indulgent c...
Director Tomonori Sudou and Noriko Shitaya, the voice of Sakura, share their feelings on this ambitious movie adaptation of Fate/stay night's final route. ― On November 10th this year, Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower premiered at the Ace Hotel in downtown Los Angeles to thunderous excitement from attending fans, one week before it would open in theaters across the USA. We sat down wi...
It's time for a speed round! Netflix original anime, Japanese daylight savings time, anime spinoff justification and much more! ― Looking at the Answerman inbox, it looks like it's time for another one of these. Samuel asks: Does Japan observe Daylight Savings? Please be more broad than a simple YES or NO. No. Heh, sorry, couldn't resist. The answer is still "no, and they never have." Every once in ...
Our FATE FRIDAYS feature continues with the mythic inspirations between the heroes of Fate/Zero. How do characters like Alexander the Great and Gilles de Rais compare to their real-world counterparts? ― Welcome back to our compendium on the legends behind Type-Moon's hit Fate franchise! Part one was all about Fate/stay Night, and you can read it here. This time, I'll be covering F/SN's prequel series...
The first movie in this two-part shojo adaptation beautifully realizes a bygone era in both Japanese history and classic manga. Kim Morrissy reviews this uniquely charming romance film. ― Haikara-san ga Tōru translates roughly to “Here comes a modern woman,” but the film itself is a blast from the past. It's an adaptation of a 1970s shojo manga, which was set in the Japan of the 1920s. Even the origi...
Land of the Lustrous snatches this week's top spot while Mr. Osomatsu continues a precipitous plummet. Find out where your favorite episodes ranked with our readers! ― Our team of reviewers are following 31 anime series of the Fall 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind t...
The first half of Fate/Apocrypha has finally landed on Netflix! We break down the best and worst of everything this series has to offer compared to its predecessors so far. ― The first half of Fate/Apocrypha has finally landed on Netflix! This week in anime, Jacob and Steve break down the best and worst of everything this series has to offer compared to its predecessors so far. Disclaimer: The views ...