Views - February 2017
- Vice & Luna - 2/28/2017 ()
- Review: Rurouni Kenshin Part III: The Legend Ends BD+DVD ()
- Answerman - Is Subway Groping Really A Big Deal In Japan? ()
- Review: GANTZ:O ()
- Shelf Life - Mobile Suit Gundam F91 ()
- Review: My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World Novel 1: The World's Strongest Little Brother ()
- The List - 7 Sexy Anime Dads ()
- Review: The Ancient Magus' Bride GN 5 ()
- Kemono Friends: This Season's Sleeper Hit ()
- ANNCast (Video) - Sevakis of Death ()
- Answerman - Why Don't Characters Have Cameo Appearances In Other Anime Anymore? ()
- Review: The Great Passage Episodes 1-11 Streaming ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 12-18 ()
- This Week in Games - Digimon World: Next Order ()
- Review: Interviews With Monster Girls GN 1 & 2 ()
- Answerman - Are Anime Music Videos A Dying Art? ()
- World War Witches ()
- Review: Sword of the Stranger BD+DVD ()
- Review: Berserk and the Band of the Hawk ()
- Vice & Luna 02/21/2017 ()
- Returning Tomorrow: Vice & Luna ()
- Answerman - How Do Japanese TV Shows Use So Much Anime Music? ()
- Review: Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War- ()
- Shelf Life - My Love Story ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Where to Be-GIN with Gintama ()
- Review: The Ancient Magus' Bride GN 4 ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt GN 1 ()
- The List - 7 Horror Manga Authors to Keep You Up at Night ()
- ANNCast (Video) - Scum As You Are ()
- Your Ghost in the Shell Cheat Sheet ()
- Answerman - Do Japanese High School Kids Really Hang Out On The Roof/Wear Inside Shoes? ()
- Review: God Eater Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Review: Faraway Paladin Novel 1 - The Boy in the City of the Dead ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 5-11 ()
- This Week in Games - GameCenter CX ()
- Review: I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse Novel 1 ()
- 20 Years of Utena Fandom with the Ultimate Superfans ()
- Answerman - Why Would A Japanese Publisher Restrict Exports? ()
- Review: Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceitas movie 2 ()
- Screaming and Fighting: The Gundam Pilot Quiz ()
- Answerman - How Big Of A Deal Is Crunchyroll Reaching A Million Subscribers? ()
- Shelf Life - Black Jack The Movie ()
- Review: Mobile Suit V Gundam Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Review: Attack on Titan: End of the World Novel ()
- The List - 6 Dragon Girls to Set Your Heart Aflame ()
- Review: Secret of the Princess GN ()
- Digimon World: Next Order's Kazumasa Habu ()
- ANNCast - El Gee Bee Tee ()
- Answerman - What Happened To The 90s Anime Boom? ()
- Review: Tiger Mask W Episodes 1-13 Streaming ()
- First Impressions: Nights of Azure (PC) ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 29-Feb 4 ()
- This Week in Games - Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star ()
- Review: Bungo Stray Dogs GN 1 ()
- Review: Mikagura School Suite BD+DVD ()
- Answerman - Why Are Anime-Based Stage Plays So Popular? ()
- The Top Twenty Original Pokémon Episodes - Part One ()
- Review: ERASED Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Victory Gundam Sub. Blu-Ray ()
- Shelf Life - The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior ()
- Answerman - Why Do Japanese School Kids Carry Randoseru? ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Comic Market Sweep ()
- Review: Welcome to the Ballroom GN 1 & 2 ()
- Review: Long Riders! Episodes 1-10 Streaming ()
- The List - 7 Anime References in American Cartoons ()
- The Worlds of Natsume Ono ()
- Review: Ajin season 2 ()
- ANNCast - Now We're Having Fun ()
- Answerman - Why Does The Same Title Get Translated Differently For Anime Vs Manga Releases? ()
- Review: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid GN 2 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Weeks of Jan 1-28 ()
- This Week in Games - Yakuza 0 ()
- What's Your Biggest Guilty Pleasure? ()
- Answerman - How Often Do Japanese Kids Go To Cram School? ()
- Review: Izetta: The Last Witch Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
Loading next article...
How come other cable networks never bet on anime programming the way Cartoon Network did? Justin digs in. ― Jake asked: One thing I always found strange looking back at the anime boom was the lack of anime on Nickelodeon. At the time Nickelodeon was the second largest children to young adult network after Cartoon Network, which was in full swing with Toonami and later Adult Swim programming block. A...
James shotguns all 49 episodes of Kyoto Animation's beloved visual novel adaptation, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases! ― My daily streaming review shows this season are A Place Further Than the Universe and Laid-Back Camp, which would normally give me a monopoly on all the comfy slice of life stuff. This ain't no ordinary season, though, and there are more shows in that genr...
Sailor Moon Crystal Part III is an improvement over the previous seasons with the addition of Sailors Uranus and Neptune. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The third season of Sailor Moon Crystal brings a few changes to the table even as it embarks on the difficult task of retelling a fan-favorite storyline from the classic series. Among the most noticeable shifts is the art – falling somewhere be...
Mike goes on a treasure hunt for short-form anime and uncovers a show about a sentient fart, which means the hunt was an enormous success. ― It's January, which means that I just killed the mid-month holiday weekend off at Arisia, Boston's largest science fiction and fantasy convention. This year, not only did I sit on panels on the furious Evangelion debate, fanservice, and other anime-related topic...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...