Views - February 2017
- Vice & Luna - 2/28/2017 ()
- Review: Rurouni Kenshin Part III: The Legend Ends BD+DVD ()
- Answerman - Is Subway Groping Really A Big Deal In Japan? ()
- Review: GANTZ:O ()
- Shelf Life - Mobile Suit Gundam F91 ()
- Review: My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World Novel 1: The World's Strongest Little Brother ()
- The List - 7 Sexy Anime Dads ()
- Review: The Ancient Magus' Bride GN 5 ()
- Kemono Friends: This Season's Sleeper Hit ()
- ANNCast (Video) - Sevakis of Death ()
- Answerman - Why Don't Characters Have Cameo Appearances In Other Anime Anymore? ()
- Review: The Great Passage Episodes 1-11 Streaming ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 12-18 ()
- This Week in Games - Digimon World: Next Order ()
- Review: Interviews With Monster Girls GN 1 & 2 ()
- Answerman - Are Anime Music Videos A Dying Art? ()
- World War Witches ()
- Review: Sword of the Stranger BD+DVD ()
- Review: Berserk and the Band of the Hawk ()
- Vice & Luna 02/21/2017 ()
- Returning Tomorrow: Vice & Luna ()
- Answerman - How Do Japanese TV Shows Use So Much Anime Music? ()
- Review: Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War- ()
- Shelf Life - My Love Story ()
- Review: The Ancient Magus' Bride GN 4 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Where to Be-GIN with Gintama ()
- The List - 7 Horror Manga Authors to Keep You Up at Night ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt GN 1 ()
- ANNCast (Video) - Scum As You Are ()
- Your Ghost in the Shell Cheat Sheet ()
- Answerman - Do Japanese High School Kids Really Hang Out On The Roof/Wear Inside Shoes? ()
- Review: God Eater Blu-Ray 2 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 5-11 ()
- This Week in Games - GameCenter CX ()
- Review: Faraway Paladin Novel 1 - The Boy in the City of the Dead ()
- 20 Years of Utena Fandom with the Ultimate Superfans ()
- Answerman - Why Would A Japanese Publisher Restrict Exports? ()
- Review: I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse Novel 1 ()
- Review: Chain Chronicle: The Light of Haecceitas movie 2 ()
- Screaming and Fighting: The Gundam Pilot Quiz ()
- Answerman - How Big Of A Deal Is Crunchyroll Reaching A Million Subscribers? ()
- Shelf Life - Black Jack The Movie ()
- Review: Mobile Suit V Gundam Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Review: Attack on Titan: End of the World Novel ()
- The List - 6 Dragon Girls to Set Your Heart Aflame ()
- Review: Secret of the Princess GN ()
- Digimon World: Next Order's Kazumasa Habu ()
- ANNCast - El Gee Bee Tee ()
- Answerman - What Happened To The 90s Anime Boom? ()
- Review: Tiger Mask W Episodes 1-13 Streaming ()
- First Impressions: Nights of Azure (PC) ()
- Review: Bungo Stray Dogs GN 1 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 29-Feb 4 ()
- This Week in Games - Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star ()
- Review: Mikagura School Suite BD+DVD ()
- Answerman - Why Are Anime-Based Stage Plays So Popular? ()
- The Top Twenty Original Pokémon Episodes - Part One ()
- Review: ERASED Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Shelf Life - The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior ()
- Answerman - Why Do Japanese School Kids Carry Randoseru? ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Victory Gundam Sub. Blu-Ray ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Comic Market Sweep ()
- Review: Welcome to the Ballroom GN 1 & 2 ()
- Review: Long Riders! Episodes 1-10 Streaming ()
- The List - 7 Anime References in American Cartoons ()
- Review: Ajin season 2 ()
- ANNCast - Now We're Having Fun ()
- Answerman - Why Does The Same Title Get Translated Differently For Anime Vs Manga Releases? ()
- The Worlds of Natsume Ono ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Weeks of Jan 1-28 ()
- This Week in Games - Yakuza 0 ()
- Review: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid GN 2 ()
- Review: Izetta: The Last Witch Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- What's Your Biggest Guilty Pleasure? ()
- Answerman - How Often Do Japanese Kids Go To Cram School? ()
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...
Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the start to its shocking halfway point cliffhanger. Nick and Jacob try to make sense of this mecha action rollercoaster. ― Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the s...
World-famous voice actors Bryce Papenbrook and Yuki Kaji get together for a fun chat about one of the roles they share: The Seven Deadly Sins' fearless hero, Meliodas! ― To the excitement of fans, popular series, The Seven Deadly Sins, returns with an upcoming movie on August 18, 2018. As one of top watched anime on Netflix, an upcoming film in August 2018, and a lineup of the biggest names in the in...
This 3DCG anime comedy dripping with 90s arcade lore from classics like Final Fight and Street Fighter II doesn't hit Netflix until December, but we've got all the details from the premiere at Otakon - with comments from the show's producers! ― The Hi Score Girl anime had a long road to production. Originally announced in 2013, the project was sidelined after SNK Playmore filed a criminal complaint a...
The heroes of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? venture outside Orario for once in this adventurous volume. Theron Martin has the details. ― For all of the great work that writer Fujino Omori has done with the setting of DanMachi, details on any locations beyond Orario and its immediate environs have been woefully limited. Although a couple of short stories in the main series have transpired...
Feast your eyes on another batch of incredible costumes from this weekend's Otakon 2018 in Washington, DC! ― IMG 1.jpg IMG 2.jpg IMG 3.jpg IMG 4.jpg IMG 5.jpg IMG 6.jpg IMG 7.jpg IMG 8.jpg IMG 9.jpg IMG 10.jpg IMG 11.jpg IMG 12.jpg IMG 13.jpg IMG 14.jpg IMG 15.jpg IMG 16.jpg IMG 17.jpg IMG 18.jpg IMG 19.jpg IMG 20.jpg IMG 21.jpg IMG 22.jpg IMG 23.jpg IMG 24.jpg IMG 25.jpg IMG 26.jpg
We've got not one but TWO Dekus! Steel yourself for this super fun chitchat with both the Japanese and English voices of My Hero Academia's Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, the charming and energetic Justin Briner and Daiki Yamashita! ― You probably don't need to be introduced to the phenomenon known as My Hero Academia – the blockbuster superhero manga is not only one of the most popular anime to come along i...
Back in the early 80s, the godfather of Gundam tried his hand at a fantasy-flavored mecha war epic - the result was Aura Battler Dunbine, a dizzying 49-episode Tomino tale finally out on bluray. PLUS: all of this week's new anime bluray and DVD releases! ― I'm finally getting a permanent office (read: cubicle) at my day job, which is a welcome step up from the computer on a table in a hallway I've b...
Oftentimes in the credits of an English dub, you'll see the same name in a couple different slots - maybe director, producer, and also the lead actor. Is the crew invading the booth? Justin explains. ― Tess asked: Looking at the dub credits on various anime, I noticed that a voice actor (who is often a lead) may also be credited as a producer. Because they're a producer on a series' (or an episode's...