Views - September 2016
- Answerman - Why Don't Promotional Anime Cafés Last Longer? ()
- Review: Prince in His Dark Days GN 1 ()
- The Fall 2016 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Anime Spotlight Fall 2016 - The List ()
- This Week in Games - Fall Gaming Preview ()
- Review: Gundam Reconguista in G Sub.Blu-Ray ()
- The Best and Worst Anime of Summer 2016 ()
- Answerman - How Do You Keep Up With So Much Anime? ()
- Review: Assassination Classroom BD+DVD ()
- Review: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Sep 16-22 ()
- Vice & Luna Bonus Round ()
- Review: Digimon Adventure tri. Episodes 9-13 Streaming ()
- Answerman - Why Are Anime Series So Short These Days? ()
- Shelf Life - Super Gals! ()
- Review: Doamygar-D Sub.DVD ()
- The List - 8 Strange Versions of Western Historical Figures ()
- Review: Everyone's Getting Married GN 2 ()
- Inside Tokyo Game Show 2016 ()
- Answerman - How Does The Train System Work In Japan? ()
- Review: Laughing Under the Clouds BD+DVD ()
- Review: Shin Godzilla ()
- This Week in Games - Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Daybreak ()
- Review: The Heroic Legend of Arslan BD+DVD S1 P1 ()
- Answerman - Why Aren't More Anime Movies Available For Streaming? ()
- Review: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness ()
- Which Re:Zero Girl Should Win the Election? ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Sep 9-15 ()
- Vice & Luna - #14 ()
- Shelf Life - Gundam Build Fighters ()
- Answerman - Where Do Animax Asia's English Dubs Come From? ()
- Review: The Rolling Girls BD+DVD ()
- The Mike Toole Show - All-new Originals ()
- Review: Goodnight Punpun GN 3 ()
- The List - 6 Anime Series to Help You Relive Your Goth Phase ()
- Review: Wagnaria!!3 Sub.Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Mobile Suit Gundam: A Char For All Seasons ()
- Inside the English Dub Premiere of Digimon Adventure Tri ()
- Review: My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected Novel 1 ()
- Answerman - Why Are Anime Discs Re-released So Much? ()
- Review: Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon Blu-Ray part 2 ()
- This Week in Games - Death Stranding ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Sep 2-8 ()
- Review: NTR Netsuzou Trap GN 1 ()
- A Beginner's Guide to Tales RPGs ()
- Answerman - How Do Franchises Keep English Translations Straight? ()
- Vice & Luna - #13 ()
- Review: Yona of the Dawn GN 1 ()
- Interview: Aniplex of America President Henry Goto ()
- Review: When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - What's Up With Dollar Store Anime Releases? ()
- Shelf Life - Children Who Chase Lost Voices ()
- Review: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Novel 6 ()
- The List - 7 Heart-Pounding Tournaments ()
- Review: World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman BD+DVD ()
- The Secret of Love Live's Success ()
- ANNCast - Gurren Lagann ()
- Answerman - Why Are Funimation And Crunchyroll Getting Married? ()
- Review: Garo The Animation BD+DVD ()
- Review: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice ()
- This Week in Games - What's NeXt for Nintendo? ()
- Interview: Nami Sano, Author of Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto ()
- Answerman - Why Are UK Releases Slower Than North American Releases? ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Aug 26-Sep 1 ()
- Vice & Luna - #12 ()
- Review: Komomo Confiserie GN 5 ()
- Answerman - What Is The Homeless Situation Like In Japan? ()
- Review: The Asterisk War Novel 1 ()
- Shelf Life - Punch Line ()
- The Mike Toole Show - gdgd Gravy ()
- Review: Absolute Duo BD+DVD ()
- Review: My Hero Academia GN 5 ()
- The List - 6 Families You Don't Want to Cross ()
- Thirty Years Ago: The Best Anime of 1986 ()
- Answerman - How Have Anime DVDs and Blu-rays Changed Over The Years? ()
- Review: Barakamon BD+DVD ()
- This Week in Games - Nioh Impressions ()
- Review: Guilty Crown BD+DVD ()
Loading next article...
just for fun
Time's running out to find the perfect gift for the otaku in your life - our massive holiday gift guide is here for you, with six pages of the year's best figures, games, tech, blurays and more! ―
This collection of retold stories from the Brothers Grimm delivers some unusual choices and creative twists. Rebecca Silverman sorts through the best and worst of this anthology. ― Fairy tale retellings have been in vogue for quite some time now, and that's actually very much in keeping with the nature of the beast – by definition, fairy tales are stories that exist in multiple cultures and are passe...
You've heard of ship girls (KanColle) and sword boys (Touken Ranbu), but these anthropomorphized anime characters are on another level of weirdness. ― When I first wrote about wacky dating sims, it seemed like the anthro-craze was just starting to get off the ground. Ship girls and sword boys weren't quite mainstream and the weirdest examples to come stateside involved pigeons and llamas. At the tim...
While the Madarame harem arc has gone on far too long, this volume manages to find some of this series' strongest nuggets of drama in its twists and turns. Nick Creamer digs in. ― Genshiken's Madarame harem arc has gone on for a long, long time. It felt like an unrealistic nod to the original Genshiken's breakout character from the start, and since then, it's wound through so many repetitive turns th...
2017 was a HUGE year for video games, so we've got a HUGE podcast counting down our Top 5 Games of 2017, with an all-star panel! ― ANNCast Episode 314 - Games of the Year 2017 2017 was a HUGE year for video games, so we've got a HUGE podcast counting down our Top 5 Games of 2017, featuring Dave and Graziella from Friends from the Internet, Dustin Bailey, formerly of This Week in Games, and Heidi Kem...
Fox has the merchandise rights for Alita: Battle Angel, but James Cameron's company has the film rights. How does all of this work, anyway? Justin gets into it. ― Jason asked: Fox had Alita: Battle Angel available at Licensing Expo in Vegas. Which parts of James Cameron's agreement with manga artist Yukito Kishiro is between him & Kishiro, compared to james cameron's a:ba merch agreement with fox? D...
From the East Blue to Whole Cake Island, Sam Leach breaks down the top ten adventures of the Straw Hat crew and invites you to share your own favorite episodes of this legendary series. ― If there's a series that seeks to challenge the theory of diminishing returns, it's One Piece. Eiichiro Oda's monstrous epic is the highest selling manga of all time, but its absurd length still keeps plenty of peop...
The series stumbles a bit with this poorly paced volume, but Naofumi's rise nonetheless continues. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― It's a good thing that this is the final book in the “other other world” arc, because while there is technically enough plot to round the volume out, it is feeling a little thin. The book is focused on Naofumi and his party finally taking out Kyo, the maniac with the...
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond reaches for the top of the charts with a standout episode, while Dragon Ball Super comes down from its recent high. Find out where all your favorite series ranked this week! ― Our team of reviewers are following 31 anime series of the Fall 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the be...
Welcome to the Ballroom began as one of the most anticipated shows of the summer, but enthusiasm has dropped off sharply since then. We look back on what went wrong as the series waltzes toward its conclusion. ― Welcome to the Ballroom began as one of the most anticipated shows of last summer season, but enthusiasm has dropped off sharply since then. This week in anime, Nick and Jake track the series...
The director of this summer's steampunk spy smash success Princess Principal goes in-depth on the show - and even discusses sequel potential! ― Princess Principal is an anime set in an alternate-history steampunk version of Victorian London, following a group of five ladies, professional spies who find themselves embroiled in a game of mistaken identities and political intrigue. The show's incredible...
Heidi breaks down this week's explosion of news following The Game Awards: Street Fighter EX, new Soul Calibur, and Norman Reedus's fantastic fetus! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: IT'S A NEWZAPALOOZA Jeez, I expected to have a whole ton of news to write about this week, but somehow news kept on flooding in even after the Game Awards and the PSX keynote! (Which, by the way, I was totally wrong about – the Game...
This isekai story starts a cut above the rest with a focus on multiple protagonists and one very unfortunate eight-legged reincarnation. Theron Martin explains what makes this series an engrossing read. ― Isekai (“transported to another world”) stories have dominated the Japanese light novel market over the past few years. This take on the concept is the second to be released recently in English in r...