Views - August 2016
- Review: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal Blu-ray/DVD Set 1 ()
- Answerman - Why Is Old Anime Still Released In Interlaced Format? ()
- Interview: Kyoto Animation's Taichi Ishidate ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Aug 19-25 ()
- Vice & Luna Bonus Round + Fanart Gallery ()
- Review: Yowamushi Pedal GN 3 ()
- Review: Please tell me! Galko-chan Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- Answerman - How Much Anime Can REALLY Fit On A Blu-ray? ()
- Shelf Life - Aquarion Evol ()
- Review: Nisekoi 2 Sub.Blu-Ray 2 ()
- The List - 6 Strange Reinterpretations of Classic Literature ()
- ANNCast - A Thousand Miles ()
- Interview: Knights of Sidonia Mangaka Tsutomu Nihei ()
- First Impressions: Attack on Titan (PS4) ()
- Answerman - Do Salarymen Really Read Manga? ()
- Review: That Wolf-Boy is Mine! GN 1 ()
- This Week in Games - On the Verge ()
- Review: Charlotte Blu-Ray 1 ()
- Comiket 90: Cosplay and More ()
- Review: Kuroko's Basketball GN 1 ()
- Answerman - What Is Anime Midstream? ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Aug 12-18 ()
- Vice & Luna - #11 ()
- Review: A Certain Magical Index II BD+DVD ()
- Answerman - When Did US Anime Publishers Transition from VHS to DVD? ()
- Review: Corpse Party: Blood Covered GN 1 ()
- Shelf Life - Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Touched By a Galaxy Angel ()
- Review: The Devil is a Part-Timer! GN 6 ()
- Review: Sweetness & Lightning GN 1 ()
- The List - 6 Things You Might Not Know About Masashi Kishimoto ()
- ANNCast - Otakon Special with Mike & Daryl ()
- Subaru Natsuki: The Best and Worst Thing About Re:Zero ()
- Answerman - Why Are Later Volumes Of Anime and Manga So Hard To Find? ()
- Review: Yona of the Dawn Part Two BD+DVD ()
- This Week in Games - Pokemon Uranium ()
- Review: My Monster Secret GN 2 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Aug 5-11 ()
- Your Ultimate Guide to Anime Ending Credits: Part IV ()
- Answerman - How Do I Introduce Old Anime To Younger Fans? ()
- Review: The Irregular at Magic High School Novels 1 & 2 ()
- Vice & Luna - #10 ()
- Review: ReLIFE ()
- Review: Queen Emeraldas GN 1 ()
- Answerman - How Superstitious Is Japan, Really? ()
- Shelf Life - After War Gundam X Part 2 ()
- Review: Yatterman Night Sub.DVD ()
- Review: Magi: Adventure of Sinbad ()
- The List - 7 Cruel Gods ()
- ANNCast - Hater Patrol ()
- Interview: Your Lie in April Mangaka Naoshi Arakawa ()
- Answerman - Why Are Anime Conventions So Expensive? ()
- Review: Yurikuma Arashi BD+DVD ()
- This Week in Games - Metroid's Saddest Birthday Ever ()
- Review: Ten Count GN 1 ()
- Answerman - Are Anime Companies Cutting Back On Convention Appearances? ()
- Love Live Sunshine - Aqours ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jul 29-Aug 4 ()
- Vice & Luna - #9 ()
- Review: Lucky Star Blu-Ray ()
- Shelf Life - Karneval ()
- Review: Wandering Island GN 1 ()
- Answerman - Why Don't Anime DVDs Have Other Languages? ()
- Column - Mucha Wuxia ()
- Review: When They Cry: Rei Blu-Ray ()
- The List - 7 Strangest Harem Set Ups ()
- Review: Black Clover GN 1 & 2 ()
- ANNCast Interview: Seven Seas Entertainment ()
- Review: Under the Dog ()
- Answerman - What Was Anime Like Before World War II Ended? ()
- Five Lessons I Learned From Assassination Classroom ()
- Can You Name 10 More Anime From The 2000s? ()
- Review: Re:ZERO Novel 1 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Weeks of July 1-28 ()
- Interview: Okayado, The Father of Monster Musume ()
- Answerman - Why Did Some 90s Anime Mix Digital Shots With Cel Animation? ()
- Review: A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd Sub.Blu-Ray +DVD ()
- Review: QQ Sweeper GN 3 ()
- Vice & Luna #8 ()
- Review: Shonen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Sub.DVD ()
- Report: Under the Dog's Tokyo Premiere ()
- Answerman - Why Hasn't Ultraman Been Given The Hollywood Treatment? ()
- Shelf Life - After War Gundam X Part 1 ()
Loading next article...
Mike goes on a treasure hunt for short-form anime and uncovers a show about a sentient fart, which means the hunt was an enormous success. ― It's January, which means that I just killed the mid-month holiday weekend off at Arisia, Boston's largest science fiction and fantasy convention. This year, not only did I sit on panels on the furious Evangelion debate, fanservice, and other anime-related topic...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...